Miss and Recover

DoubleUp

Well it was a good end to a good day. I went fishing with my hunting buddy on his boat. We had a good day, and caught about 50 spotted sea trout like the ones shown on the stringer. We released all but two which I kept for my wife to eat. Then, I killed this female tonight just about 11:45. I had seen a coyote mousing in the field about 600 yds. away but couldn't entice it with calling.

I figured sometimes though they will come sneaking in later after things quiet down. She was at the back corner of my yard. I don't think she ever got very close to the bait pile, but I missed her on the first shot which was not a good angle as she wasn't side to me. She ran a ways and jumped over into the field but the Varminter 4.0 suppressor had her confused apparently as to where the sound came from so she stopped to figure it out, bad mistake. She was 165 yds. at the shot. Here is a picture of a few of the fish, and the coyote. Video of the miss and recovery below.

IMG_20191202_151142236 by Double Up, on Flickr

IMG_0542 by Double Up, on Flickr

Nice follow up. I didn't think you ever missed! Let's see if I can figure out this video thing with comments disabled.

Last edited:
Back