What happened to Predator Masters???

Speaking for myself here only...

When the ease of using photobucket went away it took a lot of wind out of my sails on virtually all HTTP forum sites.

The hassle of now using an Iphone (iphones do not support BBcode) to upload my photos to FLIKR and then having to go to a CPU to type and share hunts is a bit to much to do after every hunt. I still share some hunts but not nearly as many as I used to. (I know its my choice to use an iphone...errr The wifes choice, but...) :p

I will admit FB is a lot easier... I still like writing up most hunts even if its just a synapses for the day. I sort of "locks in" the memory for me. With that said I decided years ago to create my own personal FB coyote hunting page (California Coyote Hunting) so I had a place to easily drop my photos and stories. I get questions there and I try to help out where I can, but I really have it so one day I can hopefully to go through and finish up some of the posts.

This forum has always been good. Yeah a little slow sometimes but the amount of information here is almost unfounded on the Internets other predator/hunting forums.

It's sad but I think the days of mass forum participation of yesteryear are gone forever. Platforms are changing and evolving. This has caused HTTP forums to become a dying bread unfortunately.

They will still be around floating in the interwebs, but participation will not stop declining.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIf we're all so stupid and post nothing but inexperienced garbage, why do you waste your precious time and your vast knowledge on us stupid people? Isn't there a forum just for all you smart people?

The irony... is almost unimaginable.

Originally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogIf we're all so stupid and post nothing but inexperienced garbage, why do you waste your precious time and your vast knowledge on us stupid people? Isn't there a forum just for all you smart people?

The irony... is almost unimaginable.

rolleyes.gif

I will say, PM is probably one of the most difficult to post a picture on. Which takes a lot away, especially when other sites and Facebook are so easy to do it.

I don’t know the answers or a solution. That is why I asked the question. I remember when this was the only place I visited and developed relationships, learned and passed on my knowledge where I felt it would help someone.

A fresh look, the ability to like a post, and easily uploaded photos would drastically change the participation I think. Something has to change and this site has to evolve or all we will have left is the archives.

Good night all!
Steve

I can't say I disagree with making it easier to put pictures on here. I will every once in a while but most of the time I talk myself out of it because I always have a hard time doing it. Of course I'll admit I'm not the most technologically advanced person in the world. I put that blame on myself though.

Putting pictures on here is as easy as any other forum that I've been to.

vLhYWI.jpg

JmFy48.jpg

I'm 72 and it wasn't that long ago that my wife told me "It's time to get rid of that old ribbon typewrite electricity is here to stay". I like crank windows, stick shift, and just a radio in a vehicle. Bolt action rifles, SFP scopes with duplex or German #4, r and sxs shotguns that are older than me preferably with hammers and still posting pictures isn't that difficult. You just have to have a hosting sight to pull the url off of and paste it in images here.

Last edited:
I've been posting pictures for as long as there has been such a thing as posting pictures. And have had a paid pic hosting account for 20 years.

So, no big whup to post them here, for me.

But, for an awful lot of people that just want to post a picture straight from their phone, this site is like doing taxes. Most forums make it super simple to post a pic straight from your phone, no muss, no fuss.

I guess that's another thing, too. This site isn't mobile friendly at all. I can't hardly even post from my tablet here. If my reply is too long, it covers up the submit button, ha-ha-ha!

But people on phones is another reason for not posting. I guess my kids can type okay on their phones, but I don't know many predator hunters that can.

- DAA

That's true.

When I use my phone for photos I have to send them to my e-mail, move them to my pictures on the computer and then pick them up on my picture hosting site. But that isn't much harder than taking the card out of my camera and putting the pictures on the computer and moving them to the hosting site.

I haven't had much problem posting text from my phone, my problem is my old, fat, arthritic fingers and the tiny keyboard on a phone plus I don't have unlimited data. I do keep a small laptop in the truck that has 12v charging and a mobile hotspot. But I do use it more for accessing county assessor land owner info. It is a lot easier to navigate a GSI map with a large screen and a mouse.

Last edited:
I don't post much anymore on this site because of the political correctness. Numerous ones I used to read and correspond with have been asked to leave or left on their own accord, many of them were extremely knowledgeable. How they explained themselves might have been rough to some, but I have always believed that plain language was easy to understand.
There are some very knowledgeable folks still on here of which I'm thankful for. I'll still read some posts, skim others, and maybe post something once in awhile if I can word it in an accepted PC form.

I don't get it. I really don't understand how some of y'all can find so much to complain about concerning an Internet discussion forum. If you are sincerely troubled by this forum I can't imagine how you get through your average day in the real world. That guy took my turn at the stop sign, the price of gas went up a nickel per gallon, the line is too long at the grocery store, I can't find the matching sock to this one, Timmy said something mean on Facebook... good grief.

People... be happy. If you or a loved one doesn't have a terminal disease, if your spouse and family love you, if you have a job and your financial needs (doesn't always have to be the wants) are met, if you feel satisfaction in your employment and at home, if you get satisfying recreational time - be happy. Life doesn't have to be perfect in order to be wonderful. And that includes an Internet hunting forum.

Posting pics isn't as easy here, but it's not that bad with a free Flickr account.

Watermelon 6DTI 55gr NBT-LF.
41524188630_7eec89f079_c.jpg

Rock chuck 17rem 25gr HP.
40064887540_a4e656ae9b_c.jpg

Originally Posted By: GCI don't get it. I really don't understand how some of y'all can find so much to complain about concerning an Internet discussion forum. If you are sincerely troubled by this forum I can't imagine how you get through your average day in the real world. That guy took my turn at the stop sign, the price of gas went up a nickel per gallon, the line is too long at the grocery store, I can't find the matching sock to this one, Timmy said something mean on Facebook... good grief.

People... be happy. If you or a loved one doesn't have a terminal disease, if your spouse and family love you, if you have a job and your financial needs (doesn't always have to be the wants) are met, if you feel satisfaction in your employment and at home, if you get satisfying recreational time - be happy. Life doesn't have to be perfect in order to be wonderful. And that includes an Internet hunting forum.

where is that *like button* that everybody wants? this ^^^^ needs one.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: GCI don't get it. I really don't understand how some of y'all can find so much to complain about concerning an Internet discussion forum. If you are sincerely troubled by this forum I can't imagine how you get through your average day in the real world. That guy took my turn at the stop sign, the price of gas went up a nickel per gallon, the line is too long at the grocery store, I can't find the matching sock to this one, Timmy said something mean on Facebook... good grief.

where is that *like button* that everybody wants? this ^^^^ needs one.

thumbup.gif

I think a lot of what happened has been posted above but I also think that some of the censorship has hurt this site as well. We aren’t allowed to mention certain companies or products. if you mention a thermal unit on here that a site sponsor can’t get his hands on you are attacked by moderators and they threaten to take your posting privileges away. If you are extremely knowledgeable but you come off a bit abrasive (catshooter) you are banned. It’s ridiculous and it has caused a ton of people to shut the [beeep] up

Facebook sure has been catching [beeep] for censorship but at least there you can see who is giving you advise and it doesn't take long to realize they either know their [beeep] or don’t.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: reaper4I think a lot of what happened has been posted above but I also think that some of the censorship has hurt this site as well. We aren’t allowed to mention certain companies or products. if you mention a thermal unit on here that a site sponsor can’t get his hands on you are attacked by moderators and they threaten to take your posting privileges away. If you are extremely knowledgeable but you come off a bit abrasive (several people) you are banned. It’s ridiculous and it has caused a ton of people to shut the [beeep] up

Maybe we should have a "Beginners Forum". Then all the questions like can you kill coyotes with a 223, or is my 375 H&H too big for ground squirrels?

GC brought up a good point also. Some people just need to man up and stop with the constant silly bickering and other childish BS.

I don’t think any of us are complaining about this forum, however, our enjoyment reflects our usage and I don’t think anyone can argue that PM isn’t drastically loosing participation.

Ultimately, if the “powers to be” don’t care what their members think or want...we can all move on and PM will be a faint memory at worst.

I don’t care about Political Correctness, especially on a hunting forum. I mean, come on people, we are talking about killing animals. If we have to tip-toe around on a hunting forum, something is wrong. I understand, no swearing or sexual content, etc but lighten up.

Steve

I personally see the need for political correctness in some instances. Any picture that doesn't show respect for the animals we kill can come back and used against us. I always try and pose kills so there is little to complain about other than it is dead. Desert Rams last post about his first coyote of the season is a perfect example it was a great picture of a dead coyote posed to show the equipment he used and how really handsome the coyote was.

This is the internet the pictures aren't just between us they are there for the whole world to see and can help form an image of us as predator hunters. You might not care how others feel about a gruesome photo of a dead coyote but if it helps to end coyote hunting I sure do.

I've posted pictures of certain old guns on a site and years later googled info on the same type rifle and here are images of my rifle or even the whole post concerning the rifle. Nothing is lost on the internet.

As far as equipment bias buy the management, sponsors are paying the bills and more than once I've seen people trying to use discussions to promote their products without having to pay for the advertising. I will say that it that the censorship is not as bad as it was 15 years ago. You can actually discuss different products just don't try and promote the sales. How would you feel if you owned a business and one of your competitors put a sign advertising his company on your front lawn.

Last edited:
Back