Athlon argos sunshade help

000shock

So this might be a dumb question, but ive never used a sunshade on a scope before. I have an argos 8-34x56 and 56mm sunshade that i believe is an athlon also. Ive had them both for a while, but just recently tried to put the shade on. I assumed that the male threads of the shade would thread into the female threads of the scope, but this doesnt work. It looks like there is a ring on the objective of the scope, but i didnt want to remove it in case that held a seal for the gas inside. Suggestions appreciated! Tia.

Call or send Athlon an email. I sent them an email today about scope accessories and had a written response within a few hours.

TXCOONDOG,

Very good advice, when in dought, always try the manufacturer first, if they don't have an answer, then someone else will have to take a guess.

Bulletpusher

Ive been in contact with athlon cs a few times now. On vacation in the time since my op so its been a while for an update. They are checking some numbers for me now. I will let you know the result when all is handled. Lesson learned...keep original packaging if there is no sn on your equipment!

Originally Posted By: DannoBooneI couldn't throw my Athlon boxes away. Haven't seen nicer scope boxes!
Totally true!

I got a voicemail on fri and am calling back tomorrow, but it looks like i was sent the 56mm shade for the ares etr vs the argos btr. Easy to mix up im sure. I would think it would be easier to make all of the 56mm shades the same but im sure theres a reason they are not. No biggie. Well see what they say and if i can swap them out, or maybe just have to list it.

Back