How many people got an email from SilencerCo.

There is definitely something wrong with the morality of a company that would focus on new business over satisfying the promises made to get old business. It sure makes me look at alternatives for my money.

SiCo said cans would be to dealers by June 29. I bought a Hybrid during promo and still waiting on Uncle Sam to send me a stamp. The summer promo far exceeded expectations in quanity. That's ahellofa lot of free product. I.e. employees building them for free,(you work for free?), material cost, machine time. I know it sucks waiting on a company or bureaucrats but it will only cost you a $200 stamp for the can. They haven't told us to pound sand yet. Patience grasshopper.

Originally Posted By: sniper4life1SiCo said cans would be to dealers by June 29. I bought a Hybrid during promo and still waiting on Uncle Sam to send me a stamp. The summer promo far exceeded expectations in quanity. That's ahellofa lot of free product. I.e. employees building them for free,(you work for free?), material cost, machine time. I know it sucks waiting on a company or bureaucrats but it will only cost you a $200 stamp for the can. They haven't told us to pound sand yet. Patience grasshopper.

The employee's are not working for free.

Corporate profit is reduced. But that was factored into the promotion.

Judging by the price I have to pay to purchase the machined parts to build a Form1, this was still a very profitable promotion.

Poorly run. They should have had the "free" offers built so they could be shipped at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Walking ManOriginally Posted By: sniper4life1SiCo said cans would be to dealers by June 29. I bought a Hybrid during promo and still waiting on Uncle Sam to send me a stamp. The summer promo far exceeded expectations in quanity. That's ahellofa lot of free product. I.e. employees building them for free,(you work for free?), material cost, machine time. I know it sucks waiting on a company or bureaucrats but it will only cost you a $200 stamp for the can. They haven't told us to pound sand yet. Patience grasshopper.

The employee's are not working for free.

Corporate profit is reduced. But that was factored into the promotion.

Judging by the price I have to pay to purchase the machined parts to build a Form1, this was still a very profitable promotion.

Poorly run. They should have had the "free" offers built so they could be shipped at the same time.

Those are very good points.

The issue that many companies seem to have in our sport/industry is image. Poor customer service equates to a poor image. Yes, you might build the best widget. But if your communications or customer service are lacking, folks will seek out alternatives.

Personally, I don't mind waiting for something IF the wait was communicated and we are kept occasionally updated. Personally it sends a clear message to me as a customer when certain customer's orders are shuffled to the front over others and we find out about it from a third party. I will then exercise the free market and go elsewhere. Frankly, some manufacturers have gotten a bit big headed and think that they can treat customers like trash.

I ran into a similar issue a few years ago with a "rebate" from AAC. It was actually a "in store credit". Of course the things I wanted were out of stock for close to 6 months.

It leaves a sour taste with you.

I emailed them after I got their "we're sorry" email and asked if I could get a credit towards another omega instead of the octane. I figured it would reduce their octane build by one, make them a little more money since I would be paying the difference, and give me a suppressor that I actually want. They said no.

I emailed them several times after the first promise deadline passed. They kept telling me 4 months more every time I asked. I have heard too many promises that have not been honored to believe that they will keep the current one. They've earned a pretty sour reputation from my point of view. I have no expectations now of ever receiving the "promised" octane 45. I am confident they ripped a bunch of people off. They sure made me shy of promos.

These companies just don't seem to get it. If you are just open and honest with the customer, it goes a long way. Too many companies in the shooting industry over commit and under deliver.

Did anyone read the email that there was a lot more people that did the free suppressor. They were not prepared for the large amount that did. Amazing how many people come out of the wood work when they get something for free. I have had nothing but good support from them. They fixed a can for free that was damaged and was my fault.

As has been stated, communication goes a LONG way. Most complaints w
Have been about poor communication and not following through with deadlines that they themselves have set back...more than once.

Originally Posted By: sniper4life1My free can came into my dealer on Friday the 28th. Paperwork is sent. Now the waiting game begins.

Did they send you an email and tracking number? I still have not heard a thing since the email guaranteeing it to be sent by the 29th of June.

Originally Posted By: HouseCatOriginally Posted By: sniper4life1My free can came into my dealer on Friday the 28th. Paperwork is sent. Now the waiting game begins.

Did they send you an email and tracking number? I still have not heard a thing since the email guaranteeing it to be sent by the 29th of June.

We just had a free Silencerco can show up last week. Neither we or the customer got any notification.

No, you don't get an email. The dealer gets a package with a list of who got what. They then call you. I was only one on my dealers list so I got to see the invoice.

I got an email with a tracking number.

b5h44y.jpg

Last edited:
I got one of those yesterday July 2. Silencer was already at the dealers. It had arrived 6-20. This kind of communication does not build my confidence in this company. It took them a year to come through with their promised suppressor, but they finally kept a promise. One of many others that they did not keep. I'm glad mine finally came through and I am glad to hear that others are getting theirs. I found out about mine being at the class 3 dealer by happening to be in there on the day it arrived.

Back