User rankings (new member, junior, etc.)

Ya know whats funny?... Not that!
No seriously I thought that over. If we can't figure out what or where the bug is with the titles, the only other option would BE to enter them all by hand, one member at a time.
Can you imagine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
....ohhhh don't go there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hello,

Maybe, just maybe, you guys could have something similar to ARFCOM. Rather than a ranking, have a small space where members can give themselves their own titles. Its just a thought, probably a software nightmare.

JA in SD

Relax RR. Just kidding about entering by hand; even though there's only about 11,000 to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

I'm sending you a PM.

Stoneshaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

So were does the "Stranger" ranking come from? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Just wandering?

Last edited:
That's a good question coleride. It's all part of the mystery we can't unravel.
There is no stranger ranking.There was when we first migrated over to this software from our other version but they were all edited obvioulsy to relate to the theme of our site and it seems to randomly choose who it's going to take effect on.

PMrank.jpg

How about if we completely eliminate the rankings all together? That would prevent a lot of this and keep those members from being offended when this system fails to react to their post history.

Sounds like a great Idea Jim. Considering the rankings are run off of the number of posts and not the actual knowledge one bestows. All you have to do is look at the number of posts I have made to know that I spend way to much time on here and am completely full of crap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would say that anything over 5000 posts spends way to much time on here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks RR,

I was wondering. I had posted in one topic right below a guy that had joined 14 days before me with a few less post. He was seasoned and I was stranger??? Had me a little confused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif At least now I know I wasn't marked for the sacrifice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I wouldn't worry to much about it. I don't think the rankings mean much anyway. I'm sure there are several with me & don't care either way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

"stranger" is a relative title....stranger than who? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

And do I taste better to a grizzly now that I am seasoned? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Do die hard PM folk live longer, or just easier than other PM types?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
I would say that anything over 5000 posts spends way to much time on here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

maybe they have one that is titled "deceased" that their reserving for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
Must have totally overlooked me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Back