An Ammo Question

TxPigKiller

Has anyone used Sellier and Bellot ammo? I'm looking for bulk ammo, buckshot, for pig hunting and they seem to have a great bargain. But a bargain trip to the ER from a charging boar is not really a bargain.

I tried some S&B #4 buck on coyote, not impressed. It patterns decent but the penetration was very poor. I didn't even bother to chronograph any after I didn't see any buck pellets make it through coyote at 30 yards.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, thanks for the input. Not sure getting hog cut is worth the few bucks. Federal, Remington, and Winchester all make high quality ammo guess I'll stick with them.

ive shot plenty of it just screwing around putting holes in stuff - but i've never patterned it.

it cycles in my saiga, but that things not real fussy to begin with.... its had quite a bit of polishing and such done to it for performance gains.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootI tried some S&B #4 buck on coyote, not impressed. It patterns decent but the penetration was very poor. I didn't even bother to chronograph any after I didn't see any buck pellets make it through coyote at 30 yards.

I had similar results. Lots of run offs.

Back