20 cal BIB bullets

204 AR

I saw these mentioned in another thread and looked them up; the bc is awesome for a 40 gr 20 cal bullet. Was wondering if anyone had experience with them on coyotes or otherwise.

A friend has, he is a very experienced coyote hunter. He has had fantastic success with the bullet. He said, if there is a runner, he does not go far at all.

This 40g bib is worth building a rifle around.

That's good to hear, will it really shoot in a 12 twist? Seems like it must be fairly long to have that bc. What speed is he launching it at?

I think I might do that, I have some questions. Though the site says a 12 will work it seems like it would be on the edge.

I don't know on the amount. Buy all you can afford, they are a very high quality bullet, as I said previously, worth building a rifle around.

I talked to him today for a good long while. You need to call for availability, he has a few now and will be making more. 250 is the minimum order.

No, I'm after the bc, .28 is really good for a pill you can launch at 37 to 3800 from a hunting length rifle barrel, coupled with reportedly stellar drt results on coyotes with little to no fur damage. Almost sounds too good to be true. FWIW the BIBs use the same jacket as the 40 Berger, just shaped differently with a smaller meplat. So 12 twist shouldn't be an issue but I may pick up a TC 204 with a 10 twist anyway just for fun.

+1

204 10T or 11 twist. Use a gunsmith that has a reamer with little to zero freebore or send him dummy rounds with the 40g bib seated at the length you want.

I have been shooting them for a year now.Buy some! My 12 twist will keep them at 1/2" at 2 00 and I am only getting entrance holes and no exits. Bang flop on coyote just like the 35 and 40 bergers.

I like all the reports that I hear, I plan on sending him some money asap and getting 500 on the way.

I did happen to stumble on a TC Compass at a lgs yesterday and picked it up. Well calling it cheaply built is an understatement, but the mag allows long seating, it's 1-10 twist, and I got a chance to put 10 rounds through it today at 200 yds after cleaning it up, adjusting the trigger and bolting a scope on it. Just shooting my 32 gr vmax load for the RAP but after bore sighting, the first shot was about 10" off. Adjusted and the next 4 all went into one little splash on the steel target right at poa. The next 5 hit my 2" square gong at 200. So I think it will shoot.

Lol I should have waited on spilling the beans on these as I went to order today and he is out. But he will make more, I'm just getting ready for next fall anyway at this point.

I guess my question would be, is there any real world difference between bib and berger in the 40 gr. I definately like the 35 gr Berger. Have not tried the 40 gr but need to work up a load for my other .204.

Originally Posted By: trapperjI guess my question would be, is there any real world difference between bib and berger in the 40 gr. I definately like the 35 gr Berger. Have not tried the 40 gr but need to work up a load for my other .204.

He says his bc of .28 at 3800 fps is a real world number, and if so then it's significantly higher than the berger. The jackets are the same but meplat size and the shape of the bullet makes the difference.

Funny, he said "I don't know why these are in such demand all of a sudden!" I said, Predatormasters!

Back