Supressors Sig Sauer

AWS

Retired PM Staff
At 72 I never thought about buying a suppressor BUT it is intriguing and just might happen.

I'm thinking a Sig Sauer direct attach 5.56 Titanium. It is fairly short and light at near 10 oz and am looking at a 223 bolt action with a 16" barrel for it. I already have a 222 Rem that is threaded.

I can't see myself buying more than one as a lot of the rifles I hunt with aren't suppressor compatible, Drillings, combos, and mannlicher stocks.

I see the Silencer shop has a one time trust for $24. and it says it is easy to add trusties later. My nephew and grandson hopefully they only have a 20+ yrs or so wait.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks

AWS

Last edited:
I have a direct thread 556 inconel and a 300 Harvester, on my 18" AR the Harvester is noticeably quieter. That said the Sig is made for a higher rate of fire and seems to have better noise suppression on 2nd,3rd rapid shooting. I plan on putting the Sig on my 22-250, just haven't yet. A call to Sig, was told gtg on the 22-250. Accuracy was slightly better with the Sig, only a couple clicks changing zero between the two. Don't feel the difference when carrying them,although the Harvester is longer. Muzzle brake effects are better with the H.

I did that trust through Silencer Shop. Painless. Haven't tried to add trustees yet, so we'll see. I got the YHM Stainless Turbo 556. Not much heavier than what you're looking and, at least to me, quite nice. I love shooting the .223 with it. Any questions, shoot me a PM.

Sounds like you are on the right track in your selection process. Suppressors really are nice to hunt with and are not nearly as bad to get as some people think.

I went with a .30cal suppressor so that I could put it on all the rifles that I have. But if you are sticking with the .22cal family, then you will be fine. I recently bought a second suppressor in the .22 family so that I could suppress my smaller rifles with a lighter suppressor.

Adding trustees is no problem. Don't put anyone on the trust when you first establish it, they would have to be printed, photographed, etc when the trust is established. But from there on, it's just a matter of putting them on the paperwork. They cannot be prohibited possessors, they would have to do fingerprints and photos to become the "responsible" party of the trust.

Welcome to the addiction...

I have the 762 sig can and I've been very happy with it. My only complaint was not buying it before I bought the 556 can. Careful though, they are addicting. You'll buy one and be after another one very shortly!

Back