Bergara B-14 HMR

pyscodog

Been eyeballing one of these at the LGS but have never seen them on the range. Are they as good as the reviews say they are?

I dont think they are, seen several for sale shortly after purchase...better out there for the money...tikka ctr comes to mind

I have one I would think the stock on the hmr is going to be more sturdy then on the Tikka CTR. I have shot mine out to 1100 yards with great accuracy. The first few had a few flaws but Bergara has excellent customer service. The stock doesn’t flex when loading a bipod comes prethreaded if you shoot surpressed or want a break. The trigger is great for a factory gun. Mine is very accurate not picky at all for loads. What caliper are you looking at? Mine is a 6.5 creedmoor.

The HMR sure looks like a bargain with all they put in it for that price of less than $900 online.
zr600 is the bolt easy to disassemble and does the factory trigger go down to two pounds or so?

Last edited:
I played with one last year around this time at cabelas and I gotta tell you it was nice, really nice. The bolt was smooth, balance was good, stock was nice and stiff. At the time I was looking for a 6.5 and the only B14 I could find anywhere was 308, so instead of waiting I decided to just go with option "B" which is a Savage 110 Desert Tactical. While I do like the 6.5 I went with I do kick myself every time I see Bergara for not waiting for this one!!!

The one I looked at was 6.5CM. Looks like a nice rifle to me. The bolt was really smooth and the trigger was nice also. I may have to go back today and look some more. From what I've read, most Remington accessories will work on the HMR.

Last edited:
I have the 6.5 and 300wm . Like everything about them . As said the platform can use most Rem 700 parts and pieces. As they come, very comfortable prone , from the bench and off the bipod. Plan was to hunt with one of them this past fall but didn’t make it. I have shot both out to 800 yds and plan and working to take them out further. As much as I like them I’ve even been thinking of picking up the 22-250 for a birthday present from the wife.....lol.

The bolt is easy to disassemble and reassemble. They have a great customer service department too if you need help they will walk you through it. I think my trigger is at 2.5 pounds I haven’t touched it feels really good for a factory trigger very comparable to my timney in my savage I would say. Now my trigger tech is a little nicer that I have on my Remington action. The actions are nice and smooth too proably close to a Tikka. The nice thing is they are based off of a Remington so you can use a Remington scope bases triggers and I even believe stocks too. I think they are a really good gun for the money. I might add a trigger tech to mine and a better scope down the road I have a geni vortex pst on it.

Last edited:
That is for the HMR Pro and the Premiere series. As they come the factory trigger is pretty nice. I’ve not messed with mine and am happy.

Yea the premier series come with the trigger tech trigger mine is just the standard hmr. The trigger is still very good for a factory trigger.

Originally Posted By: zr600The bolt is easy to disassemble and reassemble. They have a great customer service department too if you need help they will walk you through it. I think my trigger is at 2.5 pounds I haven’t touched it feels really good for a factory trigger very comparable to my timney in my savage I would say. Now my trigger tech is a little nicer that I have on my Remington action. The actions are nice and smooth too proably close to a Tikka. The nice thing is they are based off of a Remington so you can use a Remington scope bases triggers and I even believe stocks too. I think they are a really good gun for the money. I might add a trigger tech to mine and a better scope down the road I have a geni vortex pst on it.
Thanks for the info on the bolt and trigger zr600!
The hmr pro is supposed to have just a quarter turn twist to get the bolt out, so that why I was wondering if the regular hmr bolt was that hard to take apart.
There’s also another new hmr out for 2019. It’s has the premiere action with a 24 inch Palma barrel, mounted in a grayboe ridgeback adjustable stock. Looks like a little above 2 grand though, at that price you could probably put a bighorn origin and a pre-chambered criterion barrel in that same stock for that price.

Last edited:
I have the scheels exclusive one in 6.5, it has the 24" barrel and the gray stock. I really like the rifle, very smooth bolt, and as said before, great trigger, the adjustable stock is also very good quality

Back