Long bow shooters ?

Few years back.... 19 yards. Spot and stalk

34601goat4.jpg

34601goat11.jpg

Last edited:
Ive got a Voo-Doo Kustom, elk anter riser and copper head half skins on the limbs. My other longbow is a local custom made by Southern Draw. I help build that one, the process was pretty cool.

Last edited:
I need to get into it more. I made myself a couple osage orange bows a few years ago, took a lot of time to finish them and came out really nice. I just need to practice more, not confident enough with them to take hunting yet.

Just got back into the longbow last season after a short layoff. Shooting a Howard Hill cheetah, Robertson Quest longbow, and occasionally my Dean Torges Firestyx. Fun!

I've got my Howatt Hunter that's killed small game, hogs, and just 2 weeks ago a mulie. My first Osage Selfbow is still on the wall but my last one was a beauty and ended up blowing up literally into my face. Make my own arrows and obsidian points too. I made my first recurve as my senior high school project.

Been shooting longbows, flatbows and recurves for a very long time.
most I have built myself. but shot Great Northern for awhile

I shoot three hill style bows and one hybrid all my own builds (Willow Lake Archery). You either like em or not IMO but for me they have been go-to the last 25 years.

I have a couple vintage recurves that I enjoy too. My own hill styles are pretty much old enough to be called vintage.
smile.gif

I had a nice SKY long bow but could never get the shooting of it correct. I could shoot a recurve but something about the handle just caused me trouble being consistent. But I sure wish I could have gotten good with it.

I am currently using a #55 66inch custom from a local guy Mike Ballenger. Actually its a R/D, going to have him make me a Hill style after Christmas.
Made a eastern woodland style from a hickory stave that I want to use but the grip is taking some time to get used to. Also have a nice Osage stave I plan on using when I do some more research.
Shot recurves most of my life. But I'm really liking the long bows.

Back