Zeus Pro questions

NCroark

Just picked up a zeus pro and cant find a lot of info online since the flir buyout. Who has extensive knowledge of these scopes that can give me some pointers. Adjustment of the enhancements options, and the added reticles. would like to know how they are setup or what the dashes are actually measured at, in Mils Moa Etc.

I leave my enhancements at factory settings, except for contrast. Move it to suit conditions. Always hunt with sepia, 2x, & black cross-hair with dot. Cross-hairs will move 3/4 to 1 inch at 100 yards. I use external battery pack. Internal batteries might last 1/2 hour in cold weather. I always put batteries in before I hunt & take them out after every hunt. Have experienced poi shift if left in for long period of time. My experience buy external battery & save money cr 123 are worthless for this scope. I have 60.00 dollars worth of them I will sell for 30.00 dollars. Feel free to ask any thing else I can help with. PM me if you want to talk on phone.

Last edited:
if you keep track of the X and Y positions, or however it represents it, will it keep zero? Or does it loose zero and still show to be in same position?

Have you tried lithiums in it? I only run energizer lithium in my pulsar handheld and it lasts for several hours.

X & Y show no movement, but poi shifts. Your's may not do this, but just beware, check it occasionally. Doubt any internal batteries last for long. I don't use them. Since I take batteries out no shift of poi. I check mine regularly. These eat cr123's. Don't let batteries go dead with scope on.

Last edited:
I have the Apollo version which is mostly the same. I've had poi shifts mostly when changing magnification. I use external battery pack and no internal batteries. I can only use 2x and 4x which are about 2" different in poi.

Back