6x47 lapua load data

Kjsguns

Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone has tried any lighter bullets in the 6x47 lapua like 55-80gr and if anyone had any advice on loads with those light bullets. Specifically the 80gr Berger bullets. Thank you

I have good luck with 36 gr Varget with the 80's in mine. I mainly shoot the 88 Berger with 42.5gr of H414, I have had very good results with 414 and the 80's too actually better than Varget but don't have the charge weight with me.

There's a really good thread on the hide with load data but the majority of it is going to be heavier bullets.

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads/6x47-lapua.6252708/

General rule of thumb, Varget works amazingly in 6x47 or 6.5x47. I ran 105's in mine, but with 80's I'd start about 35gr and do a charge every .2gr shooting a ladder test over the chrono looking for nodes as well as watching for signs of pressure. I would probably load up to 38.5gr and expect to start seeing light pressure signs around 38gr. There's a chance you might not see pressure even up to 38.5gr but I'm sure that if you don't it won't be too much higher.

Word of advice, stick to CCI 450's or BR4's, they have thick cups and very hard cups to help prevent cratering and piercing with the high bolt thrust that the x47 has. 450's and BR4's are the same primer (per a CCI tech) so I save the $20/1000 and go with the 450's. The Rem 7.5 BR's are also a great primer and have a thick cup but they aren't quite as hard as the 450's so you may get some flow around the firing pin, but it shouldn't pierce.

6x47L is one of the easiest chambering to load for with Varget so don't worry about not having a ton of data, start where you know is safe and work up. My guess is with 80's you'll have a fat node or two somewhere in the 36.5-38gr range.

Thanks for all the good advice guys. That's what my plans are. I was actually out of varget somehow so I picked some up today

Back