Proof Resarch barrels

I just had a 7WSM built on a FINISHED AT 24" Sendero Lite Proof Carbon barrel and this thing absolutely hammers! If you want the bull barrel contour, go Proof Carbon, if contour isn't really a concern - you can get lighter steel pencil barrels that will also shoot lights out. Proof is a great company with great barrels. I went Carbon because I did NOT want a pencil barrel, muzzle threading was my main reason for going that route, I wanted 5/8 threads to hold my suppressor or muzzle brake with the 7WSM. I don't regret my decision at all.

Originally Posted By: Clocked92Nothing wrong with the Hardy Carbon stuff either. My 6.5 has one and is an absolute laser!

My smith prefers working with the Hardy's over the Proofs but both shoot.

I've researched Hardy's CF barrels a good amount and everything indicates they make a very good barrel. The only real problem I found with them wasn't their barrels, but their availability, cost, and wait time. They have very few US dealers and finding a dealer with an in stock barrel wasn't particularly easy.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: Clocked92Nothing wrong with the Hardy Carbon stuff either. My 6.5 has one and is an absolute laser!

I've researched Hardy's CF barrels a good amount and everything indicates they make a very good barrel. The only real problem I found with them wasn't their barrels, but their availability, cost, and wait time. They have very few US dealers and finding a dealer with an in stock barrel wasn't particularly easy.

Ya they are tougher to find. I think Dallas Rifle might be the only dealer in the USA. I'm in Canada and luckily my gunsmith happened to have a bunch on the rack when I decided to go with my build so it was quick and easy. At the time, they were also considerably cheaper than a PROOF barrel too.

Originally Posted By: Clocked92Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: Clocked92Nothing wrong with the Hardy Carbon stuff either. My 6.5 has one and is an absolute laser!

Ya they are tougher to find. I think Dallas Rifle might be the only dealer in the USA. I'm in Canada and luckily my gunsmith happened to have a bunch on the rack when I decided to go with my build so it was quick and easy. At the time, they were also considerably cheaper than a PROOF barrel too.

A couple years ago Dallas Rifle had a bunch of Hardy CF barrels they were selling at a pretty discounted price, if I recall, they were selling them for $600 which for a good CF barrel, that's pretty cheap. I almost ordered one or two from them but there's a couple things that hung me up about them and I passed. Something about not being able to actually talk to them just doesn't sit well with me and, also, since Hardy barrel company is out of country and half a world away, what do you do if you unfortunately get a barrel with a problem. That's nothing against Hardy barrel company and everything I've read about them indicates they make a very good button rifled barrel, but those two issues will likely prevent me from ever owning one and if I ever get a CF barrel, it'll likely be a Proof Research barrel.

I won Proof at a shoot this last summer and went with the medium Palma in 6 Creedmoor on a 700 action with renegade stock. The stainless about 1/3rd the cost of a cf. I'm really happy with it. but I wouldn't walk to far with it as my rifle is right at 14 lbs but it is a tack driver and has taken an antelope at 525, mule deer doe at 470 and whitetail doe at 920 this year

Back