Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#3282422 - 09/23/21 05:29 PM Re: Temperature sensitivities for powders [Re: Bob_Atl]
Stugotz Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Originally Posted By: Bob_Atl
here's another chart, found it on the 6.5 G forum, again fwiw..

and took the previous chart then sorted it, twice....
no surprise these two charts are very close but not exact !!

Could you provide a link as to where these charts originated? TIA

#3294882 - 02/23/22 08:19 PM Re: Temperature sensitivities for powders [Re: ackleyman]
17freak Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Southeast, La
I came across a box of Berger 25gr MEF and had some Varget left over and decided to work up a load to see how it would do. The combo shot very well and clean up was straight forward . I'm concerned about the comment regarding Varget burning very hot and thinking I should reconsider. If so what would be better.
Rigle is a Rem 700 classic in 17 Rem.
Thanks

#3302548 - 08/17/22 05:25 AM Re: Temperature sensitivities for powders [Re: Hcboy]
fialongom Offline

Loc: USA
I didn't even know, which isn't surprising considering what my chemistry grade was in class. The thing is, I keep the ammo in my safe, which is located in my room in front of the radiator. The only thing I know is that the shelf life of ammunition can be from 20 to 30 years, and the conditions of storage of gunpowder, etc., I have not even thought about it. I think the ideal temperature is created by the same radiator that is behind the safe and if you want you can get more info about old-style radiators, which creates the right temperature inside.

Edited by fialongom (08/18/22 06:12 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.