Suppressed 300 Win. Mag.

1ASSASSIN

100_4072_zpsxibobeso.jpg

100_4071_zpsea0gjqgt.jpg

100_4103_zpsnbgqine3.jpg

100_4091_zpskffrmwbv.jpg

100_4078_zps9oozk0nq.jpg

It is a SilencerCo Omega...

I tried 9 different suppressors on a 300 Win. Mag. and this one worked the best, at least for me...

It can be taken apart to be cleaned and it came with an attachment that allows it to be swapped and forth between other guns...

The adapter that is threaded on this gun has been torqued and set with red loc-tite, since this is the only gun it will be used on...

Last edited:
What were the 9 different cans you ran and how many rounds did you put through each before making your decision?

Originally Posted By: 1ASSASSINIt is a SilencerCo Omega...

I tried 9 different suppressors on a 300 Win. Mag. and this one worked the best, at least for me...

It can be taken apart to be cleaned and it came with an attachment that allows it to be swapped and forth between other guns...

The adapter that is threaded on this gun has been torqued and set with red loc-tite, since this is the only gun it will be used on... this is not true. You cannot completely disassemble the Omega to clean it. You can remove the end cap and back end bit you cannot remove the baffles.

Originally Posted By: skinneyWhat were the 9 different cans you ran and how many rounds did you put through each before making your decision?

Yes, please do tell because I'd like to hear about what the other 9 cans were you ran before deciding on the one you ended up with as well.

[/quote] this is not true. You cannot completely disassemble the Omega to clean it. You can remove the end cap and back end bit you cannot remove the baffles. [/quote]

You are correct! My mistake and my apologies for that. When cleaning out the suppressor, I do remove both ends then "pressure wash" the insides with carburetor cleaner...

Originally Posted By: skinneyWhat were the 9 different cans you ran and how many rounds did you put through each before making your decision?

I did not record what they were, and to me, it really made no difference. We had a "sales rep" with over 2 dozen different types and sizes of suppressors at our shooting range, and he allowed us to shoot any and all suppressors. I picked the "biggest" suppressors he had, shot 5 rounds through each one that I had picked out, and went with the one that was the "quietest" and had the least amount of felt recoil. Nothing fancy and nothing really scientific about it, but I was satisfied and that's all that counted!

I have the Hybrid set up similar to yours with the direct threads and anchor break. It’s the only suppressor I’ve ever shot so I don’t have any comparison but I can shoot a few rounds through it without any noticeable ringing in my ears. It does help lessen the recoil a bit as I’m using 212gr ELD-X at 3005 fps but the gun being 20 pounds helps too.

Back