How to use simple trap to quickly catch cicada

ricky chen

Cicada is a large insect with long transparent wings, occurring chiefly in warm countries. The male cicada makes a loud shrill droning noise by vibrating two membranes on its abdomen.
Cicadas can be used as food and medicine. Cicadas can improve global food security: They're cheap, plentiful and environmentally sustainable. Besides, cicada recipes are low-carb, gluten-free food. Blanched, boiled, or candied, cicadas are healthy snacks. Catching cicadas by hand is not always easy because they can be in high tree branches. This is one of interesting way to catch cicadas:
+ Split bamboo into many small pieces, knit them to make a basket. Then, make a basket helve by a long bamboo trunk.
+ Use this basket to grasp cicadas
+ Put cicadas into a bamboo tube

After catching cicadas, set a fire and put all cicadas in a bamboo piece to fry them. You can make delicious fried cicadas in a short time.
Good luck with this simple but great cicada trapping method. Enjoy this food in your own way.

Don't fry them, that'll just wreck your cholesterol! I've read much about the nutritional value of insects, which are eaten in many cultures. I suppose a fella could live on bugs, but I prefer elk and deer.
grin.gif

Back