Non magnum can on magnum?

zr600

Ok like a dumby when I bought my can I didn’t think I was going to ever own a magnum and now I’m looking at possibly getting a 7mm remmag or something. I have the lane scorpion king 30 cal can not the magnum one. Was wondering really what the difference is or if it’s more of a marketing thing to sell more cans? I would prefer not to Have to buy another can. Any ideas and help would be great. I’m just at the early stages of planning this build.

I highly highly highly doubt its a gemmick to sell more cans.
Most often the biggest difference between suppressors concerning ratings is the material used and how it was put together as far as welds

Last edited:
I agree with Kevin. If it's not rated for it, don't do it. There are a lot of construction considerations that go into the building of a suppressor. Welds, baffles, etc...

Now you might get away with it, once. Or even twice, but at some point you are going to exceed the safe operating envelope and it will catastrophically fail. You don't want to be anywhere near it when that happens.

and not only will you not want to be near it when it happens, you will have soundly voided any warranty you may have had, as well as throwing your tax stamp and months spent waiting right in the trash with whatever peices you may be able to recover.

just not worth the risk IMHO, either to your person or your budget.

I spent 6 months on this site looking for information.
Do not believe gun stores, they want to sell you what they are stuck with.
The fellows here told me to buy a SPECWAR 7,62, rated 300 Winchester Mag.
These fellows was right, no problems with gas blocks or under or over gas.
243/308 to 300acc to 22 long rifle. Even rated full auto, 308/7,62.

They are rated for reasons and it isnot to sell more product.You can make the decision to buy bigger than you think you will need they may be somewhat louder but still can use it with no fear of runing a suppressor.i have omega that is rated for up to 300win mag but i would not shoot my 300 ultra mag through it.they can only sustain so much pressure from all the gases.

Back