Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3141772 - 03/27/18 07:21 PM question regarding the need for a license
CB23 Offline

Loc: South Haven, Michigan
so my wife wants to come hunting with me one of these nights. my first thought was awesome, itll be nice for someone else to work the light instead of me trying to hold a gun a light and work the call. second thought was if she needed a license if all she is doing is working the light

we live in Michigan

any thoughts would be appreciated

#3141936 - 03/28/18 12:10 PM Re: question regarding the need for a license [Re: CB23]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
Not a Michigan Warden, but I'd guess if she is working the light she would be actively participating in the hunt and would need a license.

#3142042 - 03/28/18 11:38 PM Re: question regarding the need for a license [Re: CB23]
Fursniper Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: AZ
A definition for "hunting" should be in the Michigan wildlife regulations somewhere. Look at how hunting is defined and see if shining a light fits the definition.

Make time to create a conservationist.

#3142043 - 03/28/18 11:51 PM Re: question regarding the need for a license [Re: CB23]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
the licence is cheap enough you might as well just pick one up. that way there's no question if she's legal to be out with you. that way if she's so inclined you can let her have a shot at one and be 100% in the good.

#3142514 - 03/31/18 07:29 PM Re: question regarding the need for a license [Re: CB23]
CB23 Offline

Loc: South Haven, Michigan
Ya we ended up just getting her one cuz it’s just the base license now

#3143487 - 04/05/18 09:50 PM Re: question regarding the need for a license [Re: Fursniper]
erict Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: near Albany, NY
The legal definition is below and a person shining the light is clearly hunting, just the same as if they were calling turkeys, or actively driving deer. Exempt persons would be those like true observers or those there strictly to videotape the hunt.

NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROT...o N. Sec. 43505

(1) "Hunt" and "hunting" mean to pursue, capture, shoot, kill, chase, follow, harass, harm, rob, or trap a wild animal, or to attempt to engage in such an activity.

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.