Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#3141269 - 03/25/18 02:12 AM 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs
nightcaller Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: UT
I honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

#3141270 - 03/25/18 02:15 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Roadside watermelon stand
Originally Posted By: nightcaller
I honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

Interesting.

Carl Sagan

#3141281 - 03/25/18 08:02 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
hydehunter Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: South Dakota
wow, now tell us what you really think

#3141283 - 03/25/18 08:21 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
Robinhood21 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Kansas
Feel better now?...

#3141284 - 03/25/18 08:34 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
donjohnson123 Offline

Loc: ontario canada
Obviously this fellow makes idiotic statements like this with research or factual data. Not even worth the time to read. I suppose we all should shoot nothing but .338 lapua.

#3141285 - 03/25/18 08:35 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
McGraw Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Texas
Cool, I just brought home my big box of Sunday doughnuts home, I’ll get the coffee pot on.

#3141290 - 03/25/18 09:06 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: donjohnson123]
nightcaller Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: UT
Originally Posted By: donjohnson123
Obviously this fellow makes idiotic statements like this with research or factual data. Not even worth the time to read. I suppose we all should shoot nothing but .338 lapua.

What does it do that the old, relatively unpopular .260 can't do?

#3141295 - 03/25/18 09:38 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
Zcustom Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: nh

I don't own a 6.5, never shot one. Thought about buying one but the itch just isn't substantial enough to do it. Like my .308, it probably bumps harder than the 6.5 but I am okay with that.

Now, to argue why it is so popular I am going to side with the manufacturers, they need to develop new things to keep the industry fresh. Heck, most(not everyone) likes new stuff, I think it just plays into how shooters think. Come up with a new cartridge, market it, sell ammo, rifles, reloading components etc. It is a win for them and keeps the industry growing.

I am not agreeing with it, but I get it. I am not a "have to have" the newest tech, but I do not begrudge anyone that does. I am the first to compliment someone when they teach/enlighten me to something new(and better), and also the first to voice disdain for those that criticize and belittle those that disagree...

One last thing, for every success ei: 6.5creed, there have been too many lackluster examples that never really took off. From a business standpoint, the one thing the 6.5 creed does that the relatively unpopular .260 does is sells guns/ammo/components, and a lot of them.

#3141300 - 03/25/18 10:32 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
1badshee Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Arkansas

Never see so many people get their panties wadded up of a caliber. Biggest thing is in true Remington fashion they didn't support it, 1:9+ twist that wouldn't run the heavier 6.5 bullets, until not to long ago basically all that was offered were hunting loads for the most part, creedmoor is usually cheaper for those that don't reload.

#3141301 - 03/25/18 10:38 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
6724 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: colorado
I have to agree that the caliber brings NOTHING new to the market except the name and the brass. There is nothing it will do that 2 or 3 other existing calibers didn't already do.

The hype is amazing, its as if this "new" cartridge is faster, flatter, harder hitting, no recoil, cheaper, and if you shoot it make you a bigger man.

I would not buy one for the simple reason that everyone thinks its great. I would rather have a 260 or a 260 improved. At least then I cold make brass from 308 which is free at the local range in pretty good quantities.
For now I will stick with my 264 win mag, or maybe get a 6.5-06.

#3141302 - 03/25/18 10:39 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
greengt88 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: york pa
6.5 Creedmoor, just about the same as a 7mm-08.

#3141310 - 03/25/18 11:38 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: greengt88]
Winny Fan Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central Texas
The primary difference between the 6.5 CM and the 260 Rem is saturation marketing versus almost no marketing.

Some people think that they are quoting Einstein when in fact they are saying something that would make even Einstein say, "HUH?".

Ain't that right, Bill?

#3141314 - 03/25/18 11:52 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
atd Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Miami Beach
Cool sounding name. I think it translates into Sheep as "kill more".
All about marketing.
There's an Apple store here in Miami Beach that I walk by daily. When ever they launch a new product there are people literally lined up around the block for over a month standing in line for hours to buy it. Do they need it? No. Does it do anything the previous one didn't? Not really. Boggles my mind.

Edited by atd (03/25/18 02:50 PM)

#3141315 - 03/25/18 11:59 AM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence

cook breakfast and do laundry?

#3141323 - 03/25/18 01:22 PM Re: 6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs [Re: nightcaller]
Rock Knocker Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Buffalo, MN
260AI I believe is basically the best all around 6.5 cartridge out there.

Velocity is very good, brass life excellent, barrel life is good, brass can be made out of several different already popular cartridges and it can do anything from kill coyotes to elk or ring steel at 1400 yards or more.

I have a 260AI in a 30" barrel, not convenient for hunting but I am matching 6.5x284 velocities with much less powder. The 26 Nosler can out do the 260AI but for only 200fps more you need almost twice as much powder and half the barrel life.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.