6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightcaller

I honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

There, I've got it off my chest.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

Interesting.

Obviously this fellow makes idiotic statements like this with research or factual data. Not even worth the time to read. I suppose we all should shoot nothing but .338 lapua.

Originally Posted By: donjohnson123Obviously this fellow makes idiotic statements like this with research or factual data. Not even worth the time to read. I suppose we all should shoot nothing but .338 lapua.

What does it do that the old, relatively unpopular .260 can't do?

Originally Posted By: nightcallerOriginally Posted By: donjohnson123Obviously this fellow makes idiotic statements like this with research or factual data. Not even worth the time to read. I suppose we all should shoot nothing but .338 lapua.

I don't own a 6.5, never shot one. Thought about buying one but the itch just isn't substantial enough to do it. Like my .308, it probably bumps harder than the 6.5 but I am okay with that.

Now, to argue why it is so popular I am going to side with the manufacturers, they need to develop new things to keep the industry fresh. Heck, most(not everyone) likes new stuff, I think it just plays into how shooters think. Come up with a new cartridge, market it, sell ammo, rifles, reloading components etc. It is a win for them and keeps the industry growing.

I am not agreeing with it, but I get it. I am not a "have to have" the newest tech, but I do not begrudge anyone that does. I am the first to compliment someone when they teach/enlighten me to something new(and better), and also the first to voice disdain for those that criticize and belittle those that disagree...

One last thing, for every success ei: 6.5creed, there have been too many lackluster examples that never really took off. From a business standpoint, the one thing the 6.5 creed does that the relatively unpopular .260 does is sells guns/ammo/components, and a lot of them.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerOriginally Posted By: donjohnson123Obviously this fellow makes idiotic statements like this with research or factual data. Not even worth the time to read. I suppose we all should shoot nothing but .338 lapua.

Never see so many people get their panties wadded up of a caliber. Biggest thing is in true Remington fashion they didn't support it, 1:9+ twist that wouldn't run the heavier 6.5 bullets, until not to long ago basically all that was offered were hunting loads for the most part, creedmoor is usually cheaper for those that don't reload.

I have to agree that the caliber brings NOTHING new to the market except the name and the brass. There is nothing it will do that 2 or 3 other existing calibers didn't already do.

The hype is amazing, its as if this "new" cartridge is faster, flatter, harder hitting, no recoil, cheaper, and if you shoot it make you a bigger man.

I would not buy one for the simple reason that everyone thinks its great. I would rather have a 260 or a 260 improved. At least then I cold make brass from 308 which is free at the local range in pretty good quantities.
For now I will stick with my 264 win mag, or maybe get a 6.5-06.

The primary difference between the 6.5 CM and the 260 Rem is saturation marketing versus almost no marketing.

Cool sounding name. I think it translates into Sheep as "kill more".
All about marketing.
There's an Apple store here in Miami Beach that I walk by daily. When ever they launch a new product there are people literally lined up around the block for over a month standing in line for hours to buy it. Do they need it? No. Does it do anything the previous one didn't? Not really. Boggles my mind.

Last edited:
260AI I believe is basically the best all around 6.5 cartridge out there.

Velocity is very good, brass life excellent, barrel life is good, brass can be made out of several different already popular cartridges and it can do anything from kill coyotes to elk or ring steel at 1400 yards or more.

I have a 260AI in a 30" barrel, not convenient for hunting but I am matching 6.5x284 velocities with much less powder. The 26 Nosler can out do the 260AI but for only 200fps more you need almost twice as much powder and half the barrel life.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

Just say you don't understand ballistics, that would be easier.

Due to the early media hype, I bought a 6.5 CM to see if it did indeed cure warts. Then I shot the rifle and I looked at the ballistic information from my chrony and I yawned.

At least I didn't go this far based on the marketing hype. Or based on what I read on the internet.
laugh.gif

7Sp3CLhl.jpg

LMAO you guys that have never shot a creedmoor keep complaining and thinking like you are, cause that means more Ammo/Components available to me.

Also the main credit to the 6.5 creedmoor for me over say a 260rem is that it fits in magazines easily when loaded with heavy match projectiles. As a 6.5x47mm Lapua owner and lover I must say the creed has grown on me greatly and I am slowly rebarreling my stable to creedmoor's, as I can not justify the cost of reloading 6.5x47L vs 6.5 creed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

In what way is it ballistically superior?

Originally Posted By: nightcallerOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: nightcallerI honestly don't get why anyone besides match shooters with velocity constraints would ever even consider this new POS. Marketing has done an inexplicably amazing job selling this to the masses. And the sheep have lined up for an underwhelming product that brings nothing but"new" to the table. At least the wssm hype was interesting. This one is mind boggling.

In what way is it ballistically superior?

You must be a lot of fun at parties!!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back