New fishing forum section?

Predator257Roy

Is there anyone out there who would like to see a "predators on the water" forum section here? Moderators, any thought? I know there are a lot of guys on here who fish also. The same predator prowess is still as important on the water as the land. I'm not giving up on posting hunting stories and pics, but been doing a bunch of fishing and always fun to share. So far, not terribly thrilled with Florida Fishing Forums. Predator Masters is a great group!

I'd be for it... It's been mentioned before and for some reason or another it never came to be. Not sure why not, plenty of us fish and during the off season for hunting months a fishing section would keep traffic moving on Predator Masters. Seems like a winner to me.

Not sure how it could possibly bother or trouble anyone. It's pretty simple, if a guy isnt interested don't look at it.

I don't see it having a negative influence anywhere. The rub would be getting the powers to be to sign off on it and get a moderator to stick with it. But I like the idea, generally speaking.

I have mixed feelings about it. I think starting a "Predators on the Water" forum does not coincide with the mission of Predator Masters.

The mission of Predator Masters is as follows:

Predator Masters is a group of dedicated predator callers that have joined forces to promote the sport of predator calling, wildlife conservation issues, and defending our hunting heritage.

Predator calling is one of the fastest growing hunting sports throughout North America. Yet up until now, predator callers haven't had an organization that is solely dedicated to promoting and protecting the sport that we enjoy today.

As a devoted hunter you're aware of the importance of protecting our sport against anti-hunting extremist that want to force their beliefs and way of life on every single hunter in North America. As a committed predator caller you're aware of the importance of callers communicating their needs and discoveries to calling equipment manufacturers to improve the sport of predator calling. Predator Masters is the first organization, and only organization of its kind where predator callers unite with sporting goods industry representatives for the common good of the sport.

Predator Masters would be proud to have you join forces with us. We have many great plans in store for our members, but our goals cannot be realized without your personal support. We've assembled some of the finest names in predator hunting across the United States to act as moderators in the forums. We have outfitters, outdoor writers and calling industry spokespersons. This is not your run of the mill rarely visited bulletin board on the Net. We have on average 2,500 visitors a day, Join in on the conversation! Please click the link above to enter the Predator Masters Bulletin Board.

Good calling to you...
Will Craig
Founder of Predator Masters

Originally Posted By: FursniperI have mixed feelings about it. I think starting a "Predators on the Water" forum does not coincide with the mission of Predator Masters.

Predator Masters is a group of dedicated predator callers that have joined forces to promote the sport of predator calling, wildlife conservation issues, and defending our hunting heritage.

Predator calling is one of the fastest growing hunting sports throughout North America. Yet up until now, predator callers haven't had an organization that is solely dedicated to promoting and protecting the sport that we enjoy today.

As a devoted hunter you're aware of the importance of protecting our sport against anti-hunting extremist that want to force their beliefs and way of life on every single hunter in North America. As a committed predator caller you're aware of the importance of callers communicating their needs and discoveries to calling equipment manufacturers to improve the sport of predator calling. Predator Masters is the first organization, and only organization of its kind where predator callers unite with sporting goods industry representatives for the common good of the sport.

Predator Masters would be proud to have you join forces with us. We have many great plans in store for our members, but our goals cannot be realized without your personal support. We've assembled some of the finest names in predator hunting across the United States to act as moderators in the forums. We have outfitters, outdoor writers and calling industry spokespersons. This is not your run of the mill rarely visited bulletin board on the Net. We have on average 2,500 visitors a day, Join in on the conversation! Please click the link above to enter the Predator Masters Bulletin Board.

Good calling to you...
Will Craig

Times change and so do people. If it's just about predator calling, then there are plenty of forums that need to go.

What does the varmint , big game, redneck kitchen, church and others have to do with calling coyotes and the like ?

I like fishing, infact I do more of it than calling preds.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FursniperI have mixed feelings about it. I think starting a "Predators on the Water" forum does not coincide with the mission of Predator Masters.

Good calling to you...
Will Craig

Well... it's not like we're discussing golf or racket ball or something. Fishing is outdoorsy people doing outdoors activities. Heck, we eat fish... I have no wish to eat coyotes.

Originally Posted By: GCSoooo? The Fishing Forum would be a piece of cake to moderate.

Yep, dump the calling in the East and great white North boards and add in the fishing. Those 2 boards double up on the predator forum anyway.

I get what you mean Fursniper and Stu Farish, it doesn't follow the mission statement of the forum. I didn't think of that or the work involved on y'alls end. My only thinking was that there are many on here who fish and it would be a place to share our catch. I've joined several forums over the years but Predator Masters is the only one I frequent. I like the layout the most and it's a good groups of guys. Florida Fishing Forum is okay, but just not seeing many posts on a day to day basis as you see added on PM and not near as fond of the layout. No hard feelings, was just sharing my thoughts. Any really great days on the water can go in the Member Clubhouse.

if you want to share your fishing pics - they can be shared here in the club house.

imn sure if you started a fishing thread (or two) and it took off it might be something to consider for the mods to open a seperate section for it...

however being a participant on a couple fishing groups on FB and elsewhere in the past... i can understand why the mods dont want to deal with another area of hassle.

so start a fishing pics thread already!
smile.gif

I don't think it's a bad idea but there are reasons why something might not be done, even if it's generally a good idea. It's not something we've had any discussion on, so I dunno. I'm just a worker monkey, not a decider monkey.

I think it is a bad idea... sharks and barracudas are definitely predators... theChurch and second Amendment forums are not predator calling.

Back