Solvent traps

zhelton

Anyone having good results with the solvent traps and doing the necessary paperwork to make them legal?
I understand the legality and would def do the paperwork etc. Just basically wonder if there are any that are as good as actual suppressors?

Ive never used any of them but im sure there are plenty of them that work just fine
Honestly a 22lr. Is really not that difficult to suppress. Not really any extreme pressures to deal with in that cartridge. I looked into them and considered getting the tax stamp for one, but thurthfully it just wasnt a smart move imo. Its that 12-14 month wait on that stamp that makes it such. If i could apply and get a stamp in 1-2 weeks, heck id have all kinds of different suppressors.

Imo, why wait that long of 12 months to end up with an inferior suppressor. Just pony up and get a good one. Instead of buy once cry once. Its wait once cry once...lol

Last edited:
I built one for my 6.8 SPC. It was never a solvent trap. eFiled the Form 1 and 35 days I was ready to build. It's almost as quiet as my AAC SDN6 suppressor, but less expensive and a lot lighter. It's all titanium; baffles, end caps, tube, spacer, everything. And it was all bought off of the internet, all I had to do was drill the holes. I held them with pliers and drilled them with a dewalt battery powered hand drill. Not the most precise, but it worked. I have at least 500 rounds through it now and it's fine.

It looks long and it kinda is, but just barely longer than my SDN6. Doesn't get in the way hunting or getting in and out of a vehicle.
1787.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wormydog1724I built one for my 6.8 SPC. It was never a solvent trap. eFiled the Form 1 and 35 days I was ready to build. It's almost as quiet as my AAC SDN6 suppressor, but less expensive and a lot lighter. It's all titanium; baffles, end caps, tube, spacer, everything. And it was all bought off of the internet, all I had to do was drill the holes. I held them with pliers and drilled them with a dewalt battery powered hand drill. Not the most precise, but it worked. I have at least 500 rounds through it now and it's fine.

i have done the same. mine is lighter and quieter than all my buddy's name brand cans. mine is 7.5 inches long.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724I built one for my 6.8 SPC. It was never a solvent trap. eFiled the Form 1 and 35 days I was ready to build. It's almost as quiet as my AAC SDN6 suppressor, but less expensive and a lot lighter. It's all titanium; baffles, end caps, tube, spacer, everything. And it was all bought off of the internet, all I had to do was drill the holes. I held them with pliers and drilled them with a dewalt battery powered hand drill. Not the most precise, but it worked. I have at least 500 rounds through it now and it's fine.

It looks long and it kinda is, but just barely longer than my SDN6. Doesn't get in the way hunting or getting in and out of a vehicle.
1787.jpg

What was the cost in the end ?

i love mine. bit on the heavier side at 22oz - i didnt have the budget to go all TI - but 30 cal magnum capable rated. did go with the TI tube, but everything else was steel. i use it on everything with threads from my 204 up to my 308's.

its giggle factor material for my 300 blk with subsonics
smile.gif

The one I shot was quieter than a commercial can, I was thoroughly impressed.
Wormy,
The form you efiled, is that just for building? Then a stamp application later?
Curious of how it works.

Originally Posted By: yoteblasterOriginally Posted By: wormydog1724I built one for my 6.8 SPC. It was never a solvent trap. eFiled the Form 1 and 35 days I was ready to build. It's almost as quiet as my AAC SDN6 suppressor, but less expensive and a lot lighter. It's all titanium; baffles, end caps, tube, spacer, everything. And it was all bought off of the internet, all I had to do was drill the holes. I held them with pliers and drilled them with a dewalt battery powered hand drill. Not the most precise, but it worked. I have at least 500 rounds through it now and it's fine.

1787.jpg

What was the cost in the end ?

It's been a few years but iirc it was around $500 with the stamp included.

Originally Posted By: Rhett Steele
Wormy,
Curious of how it works.

The Form 1 is the stamp.
Must have an approved Form 1 before anything is built.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: Rhett Steele
Wormy,
Curious of how it works.

The Form 1 is the stamp.
You mentioned it only took 35 days, that threw me, that seems super fast. Wonder if making one expedites the process?

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleOriginally Posted By: wormydog1724Originally Posted By: Rhett Steele
Wormy,
Curious of how it works.

The Form 1 is the stamp.
You mentioned it only took 35 days, that threw me, that seems super fast. Wonder if making one expedites the process?

This was back before 41f, when trusts didn't need fingerprints or passport photos. Just upload the trust, fill out the form 1, pay for the stamp. It was very efficient. I did several Form 1's this way and all of them were 45 days or less. Then 41f happened and eForms were locked down.

Back