WOA 20" Predator Profile barrel - .223/5.56

reloader326

Just pulled the trigger on building a new upper, this will be my first build. I'll be putting a new 1-8, White Oak 20" Predator Profile barrel onto a AR Stoner receiver with a rifle length gas tube onto my DPMS lower.
Just curious what hand guards you guys have used with this same barrel setup, I don't want anything tacti-cool, just something inexpensive to hold onto and rest on the bench / shooting sticks.
Also, what bullet / powder combo's shot well with yours?
I'll be mostly coyote hunting and shooting 100-200 yard paper with it.

I'm a fan of ALG EMR V1 or V3 for a light weight simple free float forearm. Not sharp, no snags, just simple.

This is a 15" V1 on a 22" barrel.
36275400554_9260b00fa7_c.jpg

I’m a fan of the ALG EMR V1 as well. However, if you will be using the WOA gas manifold on your WOA barrel, the gas manifold won’t fit inside the ALG.

Originally Posted By: AdamTI’m a fan of the ALG EMR V1 as well. However, if you will be using the WOA gas manifold on your WOA barrel, the gas manifold won’t fit inside the ALG.

That's what I'm not sure about...I'm planning on waiting until I get the barrel, next week, hopefully, before I order a handguard. But most free-float handguards come with their owns proprietary nuts from what I'm seeing.
I'm guessing that's why a lot of AR's have a shorter handguard that exposes the gas block.

midwest industries, are my favorite hard to find anything lighter weight. the gen 3 hand guards allow you to remove the handguard without removing the gas tube or gas block. you can also set the barrel nut torque to anything you want it to be.

I don't know anything about that WOA gas block, but it looks like an out dated big heavy hunk-O-junk. I'd be replacing that asap.

I had emailed WOA and asked specifically about the their gas manifold and the ALG rail. I was looking into getting one of their 22” 22 Nosler barrels. They said it will not fit. The gas manifold is 1.5” and I think the I.D. of the ALG is 1.46”. There are low profile gas blocks available for the bigger profiles their barrels come in.

Back