Suppressor decision for various calibers

I joined this sight a few year ago to ask the same thing.
I bought a Specwar 7,62 and never looked back.
The thing just works.

Ok, you all talked some sense into me. I am now the proud owner of a TBAC 30 caliber suppressor. The paperwork has just started but that will give me time to salivate and get every rifle I own threaded and brakes for all of them. It may take me the whole time to pull that off.

I'm also going to pick up a 17 Hornet. I have been watching videos for a few nights of long range crow and rabbit hunting with these dudes with suppressors. Man you can hardly hear the gun if you aren't shooting into the timber. It will be a fun caliber to add to the arsenal for plinking, and some calling. Won't replace my 223s though, I love that caliber.

Thanks for all the advice folks.

Originally Posted By: kfinOk, you all talked some sense into me. I am now the proud owner of a TBAC 30 caliber suppressor.

congrats man.

what length did you decide on?

I know I’m late to the game since you already picked one but, I’ve been considering getting a .30 cal can that has a changeable end cap. Smaller exit hole I would think equals lower decibels. Anyone have an opinion on the Texas Silencer Company Hunter?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwhat length did you decide on?

I got that big long dude
smile.gif
Ultra 9

Can someone please tell me about what I should expect to pay for a quality titanium suppressor? It appears that these companies sell through dealers and I need to budget all this.

Also do you need to buy the suppressor from the same dealer that threads the barrel? I assume that once you have the stamp and it's out of jail that you can take it anywhere to have the barrel threaded?

I use a local (2 hour drive) precision rifle smith for all my work and he is covered up with CNC equipment and says he's threaded barrels for suppressors and would really prefer him to do the threading since my rifles are shooting WAAAAY better than ever before since he started accurizing for me.

I'm prone to just have my barrels threaded and use threaded muzzle protectors but want the easy portability of the suppressor from rifle to rifle. I HATE muzzle brakes and flash suppressors with a PASSION because they seem to greatly increase the sound signature up close and I'm struggling to protect what little is left of my hearing and don't want to punish other shooters at the range either. Is there a "quick detach" system that doesn't use a brake or flash hider. IOW I want quick detach if possible if there is no sound signature increase up close when the suppressor is off.

I hope that makes sense... Can't seem to word it better.

I saw quality Titanium suppressors on clearance for $500 last summer. I believe most are $850-$1100ish.

You can get barrels threaded anywhere you please.

Originally Posted By: LDhunter

I'm prone to just have my barrels threaded and use threaded muzzle protectors but want the easy portability of the suppressor from rifle to rifle.

That seems to me to be a logical route. That's my plan, anyway. I don't want to pay another $100+ for more muzzle devices for each gun. I have time to twist the can on and off as needed.

Maybe this mount is what you are looking for?

https://www.milehighshooting.com/area-419-hellfire-suppressor-mount-sas-tomb-cans-gen-i/

I don't care for brakes or flash hiders, either. My brother had a Kies linear compensator he liked, so I tried a Kaw Valley Linear compensator from Joebobs for my AR. I really like it. Sends the blast down range and costs just a little more than a thread protector.

Last edited:
I don't really care about point of impact change. I shoot suppressed 100% of the time so my gun is zeroed with the can on. I want lightweight and quiet.

Like the saying goes: "There's Lightweight, Durable, and Cheap. Pick two."

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724I don't really care about point of impact change. I shoot suppressed 100% of the time so my gun is zeroed with the can on. I want lightweight and quiet.

Like the saying goes: "There's Lightweight, Durable, and Cheap. Pick two."

And that is exactly where I'll be when mine come in....but my journey with "waiting" has just started. I'm squirreling money away now to get everything threaded before the suppressors arrive!

Back