Bark tree

shawn@mo

So I have a half fiest and half cur dog. He isn't even a year yet, but will tree a squirrel if it is seen, will even timber it a little when it starts skipping tree. Now I have seen him run a tree but never bark on tree that has a squirrel in it, I don't think he has figured out the whole nose and what it is used for thing. I have praised him shook trees shoot squirrels, taken him with other dogs still cant get him to open up with just smell and not visual?? any advice, or just play it out and hope it comes?

I don't hunt Squirrels but my cur dog only opens when she sees game. The fact that she runs silent is what I like about her when running Cats.
She spends half the day chasing Rabbits and treeing Squirrels here on the property...same thing...won't make a peep until she sees em even though she clearly follows her nose to the right tree or brush pile to locate.

She's eight years old....luck.

Hey Shawn, give the Pup time he will come around and start barking on Tree. I have raised Feist for over 20 years. Some will start treeing at 3 to 6 months, and some take longer even up to 12 to 14 months. The more woods time he gets the better. When it comes to him both you and him will Love It.

Last edited:
Back