Yote #2

JCCinOhio

Played a variety of sounds for about a half hour, and nothing.. was just about to do a distressed pup for a few minutes then call it quits when I heard a howl off in the distance.. so I did a female howl back and had two come in pretty hot. Once they got in the area they slowed down a bit and worked in. I gave a few lip squeaks and let this female get about 100 out before I popped her. Nice blood trail & spray, she only made it about 75 yds. No chance at the second one.

Yote 2

Very nice JC. I'm assuming from the display that you are shooting the XQ50 with the native mag at 2.7. How do you like the unit? It looks very sharp and clear. What suppressor are you shooting?

Last edited:
That makes 3 that want to know your equipment. That is super clear resolution. Thanks for sharing the video. Please keep them coming.

We have been struggling the last 9 days or so. Coyotes just wont respond and when they do they hang up at 350. Im glad to see someone is laying some out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223We have been struggling the last 9 days or so. Coyotes just wont respond and when they do they hang up at 350. Im glad to see someone is laying some out.

Same here last 5 stands produce 1 dead coyote.

Sorry, I didn't notice the replies up in the video section till I was going to post another video.. Yes, it's an XQ50, was a cool dry night, so nice clear pic.

I like the unit a lot, but am having the POI issue.. as long as I leave it out in the cold for a while, it seems to work fine though. Just can't take it out of the house at 65 degrees and expect it to be on (sighted for ~35 degrees).

Suppressor is a Silencerco Omega. It's a .308 can, shot this one with it on my .223.

Back