#10 for 2018 Pulsar XP50 Thermal

Bowhntr6pt

When I played the video I believe I hear an impact on the second shot... will go back and look in the am.

Spotted these as I was setting up for a night hunt... had to low crawl into position and shoot across a low area full of water. Shot was perhaps 150 yards.

Now let's see you do that come June on some Wyoming coyotes!

That is, if I can actually stay awake that late to watch you do it.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Nice Videos there Florida,
What Caliber Weapon u using under the Thermal?

6.5 Grendel

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: crowkiller51Nice Videos there Florida,

6.5 Grendel
Reloads? If so what’s your Bullet choice?

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: crowkiller51Nice Videos there Florida,

6.5 Grendel

I generally reload but I'm still collecting brass from factory ammo... I'm finishing off the last boxes of 123gr. ELD Match.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: crowkiller51Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: crowkiller51Nice Videos there Florida,

6.5 Grendel

I generally reload but I'm still collecting brass from factory ammo... I'm finishing off the last boxes of 123gr. ELD Match.
How did you like the 123 ELD's for Hog Killing.???

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptOriginally Posted By: crowkiller51Nice Videos there Florida,

6.5 Grendel

I have tried just about every popular caliber for hogs and I was not impressed by the 6.5 Grendel compared to the 6.8 SPC. It just does not seem to have the terminal performance of the 6.8.

Maybe different ammo would work better but from what I've seen the 123 grain SST seems to be a popular choice for hogs.

Last edited:
I have been using my 100 and 120 grain Barnes TSX handloads in my Grendel’s and they are absolutely wicked, Hornady SST and ELD are just so so......

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI have been using my 100 and 120 grain Barnes TSX handloads in my Grendel’s and they are absolutely wicked, Hornady SST and ELD are just so so......

It's hard to find much of a variety of hunting ammo for the Grendel unless you reload.

The TSX is a good hog round.... I had good results with the 110 grain TSX in 6.8 SPC before switching to the SSA 110 grain Nosler Accubond.

I recently set up a Savage MSR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor for a test run on the hogs. I have Hornady 129 grain Interlock American Whitetail ammo sighted in for some field testing.

Last edited:
Nate I've read extensively on POI change and have hands on experience with 3 XP50s that all had POI change problems. But I still like Pulsar and bet they take care of the problem, "BUT" for about $1200 more you can get a Trijicon MK2 35mm. The Trijicon does not have all the bells and whistles but I have 3 and they all hold zero.

Back