For Auction: HandMade Cleaver Style Knife!

rainshadow2

Hi! My name is David, I am 11 years old. I have been hunting with my Dad, Steve (rainshadow1) since I could walk. I shot my first coyote two years ago. (I haven't shot a Cougar yet, but I've been on many stands.)

I have always loved making knives with my Dad since about five years ago.

This knife is a straight razor cleaver style. The overall length is 10 1/8 inches, The cutting edge is 5 5/8 inches. The blade is 1 1/8 inches deep and 1/8 inch thick. The handle is really pretty maple with brass pins. The blade is made out of a nicholson file.

It is the first knife I forged, but I have made a few others. I wanted the knife to look a little older so I didn't grind all of the forge marks off. The quench on the knife went really well. I got a few bends in the knife but I got them to straightened out.

The sheath design is a bear walking down a trail. The sheath also has a belt loop, and a strap with a brass snap button to keep the knife in the sheath.

I am going to auction this knife starting at a dollar. It will run from now until Monday Feb 5th at 5:00 pm Pacific time.

Thank you, and thanks to the Predator Masters moderators for accepting me as a hobby call maker!

David

d2 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

d1 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

d5 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

d4 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

d3 by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

Last edited:
David can accept mailed payments, or I can use my paypal for him, or we could even do my credit card processing through my food business. Thanks guys! He did a great job on this and did all the work himself, right down to the sheath stitching. I only directed occasionally. Good steel and he did a good job heat treating, it's going to be a good performing knife.

Wow 11 yrs old! Sounds and obviously looks like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree here. Very impressive David. Let’s do $45.

Good snag bc; I got sidetracked this afternoon with kid stuff and didn't make it back to outbid you. Next time...
smile.gif

Back