Suppressed 300 BO Sub-Sonic SBR For Predator Hunting..

Originally Posted By: jwdakota300 BO shooters: if shooting subsonic ammo, what yardage to you zero at? I am new to this caliber( just purchased a Dan Defense 300 16 in) and am wondering with the steep drop off in trajectory how well does it work for shooting coyotes 100 yards and in? Any thought would be appreciated.

I zero at 50 yards

Bring that stubby thing to the range today....the rifle, I mean
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: JCHOriginally Posted By: jwdakota300 BO shooters: if shooting subsonic ammo, what yardage to you zero at? I am new to this caliber( just purchased a Dan Defense 300 16 in) and am wondering with the steep drop off in trajectory how well does it work for shooting coyotes 100 yards and in? Any thought would be appreciated.

I zero at 50 yards

Originally Posted By: jwdakota...if shooting subsonic ammo, what yardage to you zero at? ...

This is my 3x5 dope card for a subsonic 308, very similar to the 300 BO.
I use a zero that puts the second hash mark in my BDC at 100 yards.
The crosshair zero is 62 yards, fwiw..
162800120.uIlxEBBA.jpg

same type 3x5 dope card, but for 110 gr 3200 fps varmint bullet:
This zero is 100 yards at the crosshair, and is 34 clicks in elevation from the subsonic !
162800121.RlsClr9B.jpg

That bullet is available for handloaders. It is the Nosler 220 grain Ballistic Tip Round Nose.

2eztx1x.jpg

I use it in an 8" upper I built for hunting in close 125 yards or less:

2h3ol82.jpg

I have found it to be very accurate in the pistol build. These groups were shot at 40 yards with a 4X14 scope mounted for load development:

vr65c4.jpg

It is a real log so you need a fast twist:

2ljrx55.jpg

I have found it to shoot really well in my RARR, but I had to reduce the charge due to the longer barrel going supersonic with the original loading.

Hoping to whack a whitetail with it this year.

I shoot suppressed 300acc bolt/CZ527 and AR 16in and 10in.
I found some Hornady Ammo 208gr/AMAX/sub. That does real good at 100 to 150 yds.
Anything longer I shoot my 220 swift.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

I shoot suppressed 300acc bolt/CZ527 and AR 16in and 10in.
I found some Hornady Ammo 208gr/AMAX/sub. That does real good at 100 to 150 yds.
Anything longer I shoot my 220 swift.

'

the amax wont expand at subsonic velcity's though, so your shot placement needs to be all but perfect. the nosler 220 shown is a designed expander at sub speeds.

I shoot the Lehigh 180 through my 8.5 inch noveske barrel. Get them loaded from beck ammunition....most accurate factory sub round I’ve used and it expands to 3x it’s original size at sub speeds.. Leaves the muzzle at 960 FPS. Have dropped 3 white tails in their tracks with neck shots. I zero at 75 yds also.

Back