Never Mind Curiosity.. . 'Twas A Bullet That Kilt The Cat

Infidel 762

Staff member
I was watching the edge of a creek bottom, when I caught glimpses of a bobcat pouncing through the vegetation toward my call. She disappeared before I could get a standing still shot. Minutes passed and I began to think she lost interest, until I saw the top of her back in shin high grass stalking my call. I called the stand a few minutes later, while walking down to get my cat I saw 2 coyotes standing on the tree line. They were just sitting there watching me, I slowly made my way to the ground to prone out. From my ground level perspective only one remained visible.

A final view from the cat's perspective.

Shorty after, I found myself setup over watching a bottom with sporadic cedar trees and splotches of mule-tail. My silhouette, broken by the blue-stem overgrowing the crest of the hill. I heard commotion behind me in the blue-stem and the sound of coyote turning tail. I heard them run parallel to my 3 o'clock through weeds and then the pair appeared to my 2 o'clock, in the valley below. I did not give them a chance to get further out in the open, I just killed the first one I had a chance too.

I began my final stand of the day with a couple howls. I had a group reply a few hundred yards away. I looked through the scope and I saw 3 on the side of a hill, yipping and playing grab azz. Appeared a male was trying to mount a female and she was not having it. I watched them for a couple minutes and then went into distress, it got their attention. They all sat down staring in my direction for a few moments, then they turned around and disappeared over the hill. They were keen to my ways...

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Very productive day. Glad you are enjoying your long weekend, Jeremy. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Clarence

You been working those cats over pretty good. I may need to try and make some dedicated cat stands here soon, and try to have the patience to sit still for a while.

thanks allOriginally Posted By: tripod3The cat has a nice camo job.
Now that you mention it, that cat looks like it has a racing stripe. It is just a shadow from the windmill’s leg.

Originally Posted By: wolftrapper weather not so good here. I stayed home this morning, foggy and soggy.
Wish we had snow or any type of precipitation, we are in a severe drought here.
Originally Posted By: JTPinTX I may need to try and make some dedicated cat stands here soon, and try to have the patience to sit still for a while.
My stands get shorter when it is really cold. Deer season I can sit all day in my heater body suit, calling I dress a lot lighter to not break a sweat between stands.
Originally Posted By: MasterBlaster! Looks warm there.
MB
Don’t let the sunshine fool you. Pretty frigid here

Originally Posted By: Predator257Royhow so many of your pics include the coolest things from days gone by.

That old pump is on one of my grandpa's farms. Been there since I was a kid, and it was old then..

Originally Posted By: SwitchNice looking bunch of fur. What caliber are you shooting? .

223 with 40gr. VMax

Back