Deer Stand Coyote

DoubleUp

My hunting buddy couldn't go tonight, so I went up to our hunting club and called from my deer stand. Played various distress calls and nothing.

Then I did a few lone howls and nothing. Finally I went to Coyote Group Yip Howls and got a response from a good ways off (several it sounded like). Then I played fawn distress to make them think the coyotes had caught a deer. So, I went to Female Challenge, and out pops a female coming to the call. She hung up about 250 yds. out. I think she ran across a mouse and then was marking her territory.

So then I softened down the female challenge a little and played it again. That sort of got her interest back up, but she was just standing and looking. Probably trying to figure out where the challenger was. So I went to Babe Cottontail and here she came. I let her get to about 100 yds. and whacked her. Slow motion shows I keep blowing pieces off these coyotes. 6x45 with 55 Nosler BT at 3,400 fps doesn't seem like it would be hitting that hard.
Here's the video.

Thanks Korey, unfortunately the humidity was up pretty high and the video wasn't as good as it can be, but it still shows what the hunt was like.

Pulsar Apex XD50A. I really thought about upgrading to a Trail XP50 for the 640 core, but they only have white hot or black hot and white or black crosshairs. Someone said it was because of recoil rating on the new Trail units that the color schemes weren't incorporated like they are on the Helion monocular. I really like the Sepia color as well for the exact reason you mentioned. It is easier on my eyes.

Thanks week. I've been really pleased with the 6x45. I was hesitant to move from the 243 in a bolt gun to the slower 6x45 in an AR because I knew how hard the 243 hit and also how flat it shot those 55-60 gr. bullets.

Thanks 6, but I'm still thinking about those which got away and shouldn't have. Gonna have to hit that 6-pack group again shortly. Still got five to go out of them.

Back