Loaded ammo sales and shipping?

zr600

What are the laws of shipping loaded ammo? I have some loaded factory 17 hmr ammo I don’t have a rifle for anymore. Want to sell it but don’t know what the deals are for shipping?

As far as I know, live ammo has to be shipped ground. All the live ammo I've shipped has gone UPS Ground. And the satellite UPS stores won't accept it, I had to go to the main UPS Ground shipping hub. I know USPS won't handle it, but I'm not sure about FedEx. I'd imagine if they do, it would be a ground service as well.

Matthew is right. I had to drive to another town (60 mile round trip) to ship some ammo to a friend in Wyoming. Not that big of deal but the UPS stores will not ship ammo so no choice but to take it to a hub.

Originally Posted By: Rustydust
The guy that I made the reloads for works on a huge ranch in central Wyoming and has invited me out for a week long prairie dog shoot so it was well worth doing this for him.

Could be a lonely trip so you better take a friend and it just so happens, I'm available...
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: Rustydust
The guy that I made the reloads for works on a huge ranch in central Wyoming and has invited me out for a week long prairie dog shoot so it was well worth doing this for him.

Could be a lonely trip so you better take a friend and it just so happens, I'm available...
thumbup.gif

That just may be a possibility, Bryan. You free for a couple weeks in June?

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeLabel it ORM-D and ship fedex or ups.

In addition, there are single-wall box construction requirements and weight limits.

Here is a link with information... it can get costly... I know.

UPS Info

Originally Posted By: RustydustMatthew is right. I had to drive to another town (60 mile round trip) to ship some ammo to a friend in Wyoming. Not that big of deal but the UPS stores will not ship ammo so no choice but to take it to a hub.

I think you can call UPS and schedule a pickup. Not sure if they would charge a fee for that or not.

Back