Missouri Night hunting

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresMy first fight will be for landowners or their agents being
able to get out and protect their stock at night without
getting arrested or hassled for using a light and a gun.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERSo any update on this RJM Acres?

The purpose of bringing this back up was to find out what RJM has done and accomplished in the 3 years that have passed since he said he was going to do something. A friend and I were talking about it a while back so I thought about asking him and it took a while for me to hunt the thread down.

I'm not sure he'll see your request. He last posted in August, saying:

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresSo, moderators, let me know when he is gone.
Send me an email.
Until then, I'm gone.
It it takes very long, I'll stay gone.
Pretty sure I won't be the only 1.

Perhaps he hasn't gotten the memo that the individual he had an issue with no longer participates here.

No one said anything about a 4 month season. For 4 months it's 24/7 day and night. The rest of the year there is NO closed season, just no night hunting. Post in the night hunting forum and see how many guys would like to hunt at night with no artificial light, even on private property. Yeah guys are just beating down the doors to night hunt in MO. Hunting regs im MO suck except for deer and turkey. Won't matter for deer much longer CWD will take care of that.

Originally Posted By: cmatera No one said anything about a 4 month season. For 4 months it's 24/7 day and night. The rest of the year there is NO closed season, just no night hunting. Post in the night hunting forum and see how many guys would like to hunt at night with no artificial light, even on private property. Yeah guys are just beating down the doors to night hunt in MO. Hunting regs im MO suck except for deer and turkey. Won't matter for deer much longer CWD will take care of that.

Can you point me to the Missouri hunting regulation that stipulates the "no night hunting" part of your post?

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI'm not sure he'll see your request. He last posted in August, saying:

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresSo, moderators, let me know when he is gone.
Send me an email.
Until then, I'm gone.
It it takes very long, I'll stay gone.
Pretty sure I won't be the only 1.

Perhaps he hasn't gotten the memo that the individual he had an issue with no longer participates here.

Ah didn't know that. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: cmatera No one said anything about a 4 month season. For 4 months it's 24/7 day and night. The rest of the year there is NO closed season, just no night hunting. Post in the night hunting forum and see how many guys would like to hunt at night with no artificial light, even on private property. Yeah guys are just beating down the doors to night hunt in MO. Hunting regs im MO suck except for deer and turkey. Won't matter for deer much longer CWD will take care of that.

Looks like we all would be better off by you taking your hate back to wonderful IL. Life is too short to be mad all the time. Good luck with your move.

No. Referring to IL in comparison to MO. The poster thought I was saying there was ONLY a 4 month season in IL. It's 24/7 for 4 months and anytime during daylight hours all year long. During those 4 months, when hunting at night in IL you can use NV and thermal.

In MO you can hunt at night but no artificial light, no NV and no thermal. You cannot be in posession of NV or thermal at the same time in MO. I guess if you catch a night with full moon, you might be able to see one, if it does not happen to be cloudy. There is little snow, so no help there. I guess you could use NV or thermal and try to kill them with a spear.

Last edited:
No real night hunting opportunities here for public land hunters, so I just kill them during the day. Maybe you should take up fishing.
grin.gif
Good luck getting sorted out.

Gotcha,
You were comparing the Illinois season to Missouri's season. I think overall Missouri game law is very common sense, quite easy to understand and provides lots of opportunities for outdoorsmen and firearm owners. I'll readily agree that the law against using lights to night hunt is silly. Another one is that a shotgun must be plugged and limited to three shots even for coyote hunting. Deer hunters using shotguns could have a 10+1 capacity. There's no reason to limit predator hunters to three shots when using a shotgun. Other than those two things I don't have many other complaints.

And why no coyote hunting during turkey season, not to mention can only turkey hunt till 1 pm instead of until sundown-crazy.

My guess is that MDC doesn't want centerfire rifles cracking shots where fully camouflaged turkey hunters are sneaking around near field edges or out in the thick greened up woods. You can hunt coyotes during turkey season at night or in day hours if in possession of a turkey tag and using weapons approved for turkey hunting. None of that bothers me and I wouldn't press much of an argument against it.

Anyone who realistically thinks you can hunt coyotes at night in a state that hardly got 10” of snow is the last 2 years with no lights NV or thermal is delusional. I would rather have properly equipped hunters out at night who can report poachers and can safely ID what there shooting at, then some one shooting blindly in the dark.

Can’t leave here soon enough. You can have your merh labs and puppy mills, because that’s all that’s here. It’s also one of the easiest states to home school in, because the schools are so bad, any home schooling will be better. The teachers have single digit IQ’s. Poor kids-they don’t stand a chance anywhere else. They stay here because they have no choice.

Never said I was going back to IL. I'm not. MO isn't better than I think, it's worse. It only took living here a year to figure that out. I've lived here for 2 years, but owned the 477 acres for 13 years. It takes a while to sell off that much property. I did sell 105 acres so far.

No, it's still stale. Guys like you who see nothing wrong with the way things are insure there will never be any improvement. The guy who said life is too short was right; life is too short to fix the level of stupid that exists in MO.
I suggest you contact the powers that be on this board and organize a night hunt in MO to showcase it's positives. That would be a sight. A hundred two man teams shooting blindly in the dark, after all, night hunting is "allowed" in MO.

Back