NiMH Batteries and Chargers--A Primer

Does anyone know of a source for the right connections so that you can use these for a CS24C:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390800142206?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390954234249?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge most often it's from a 20 hour or 10 hour discharge rate, these being the ideal conditions under which to extract the highest number.Manufacturer's would do well to standardize on testing and prominently explain all this on their product or packaging.I would also offer that although you're correct that a 15-minute fast charger may indeed lead to premature failure of a certain percentage of NiMH cells, I find the economics and convenience factor quite worth the risk.

pcb assembly

Last edited:
Just put 16 tenergy AA batteries on the charger, 7 of them would not take a charge. So I did a search on youtube and this is what I found, I tried it and it worked, batteries are now taking a charge.

wybob,
I don't know what charger you are using, but it probably is similar to the one in the video, in that case you could just get yourself a regular charger and it will do the same thing for you.
I use a Maha C9000 (AA/AAA) and when the batteries don't take a charge I then throw them into my Maha C808M and leave them for about 2 min. They are then ready to charge on the C9000. Been doing it this way for the last 4 yrs now.

Most of my AA Powerx batteries have been going for 7 yrs now and the C9000 charger has been doing a great job in reconditioning the batteries.

Originally Posted By: coyote controlwybob,
I don't know what charger you are using, but it probably is similar to the one in the video, in that case you could just get yourself a regular charger and it will do the same thing for you.
I use a Maha C9000 (AA/AAA) and when the batteries don't take a charge I then throw them into my Maha C808M and leave them for about 2 min. They are then ready to charge on the C9000. Been doing it this way for the last 4 yrs now.

Most of my AA Powerx batteries have been going for 7 yrs now and the C9000 charger has been doing a great job in reconditioning the batteries.

I ran 16 of the AA Powerx on a Maha charger and never lost even one in about 4 years.
The Maha is money well spent!

thumbup1.gif

I'm getting some eneloops (2100) and I read about chargers being used BUT can't I just use the built in charger in my Foxpro unit ?

Great post here. Going to hijack with a question. I had to have some repair done to my foxpro caller and the tech replaced the battery pack and wrote on it when the pack/caller was returned that batteries should not be mixed. I was using foxpro and top end NiMH batteries. Is their a rule against this?

The tech is right, keep the batteries all the same, such as brand and mAh rating.

Muskrat - sure, you can use the charger in the caller, it should work just fine for you.

Last edited:
I recently upgraded my Fury to a Shockwave. I have the Foxpro charger that plugged into the front of my Fury and it seems to plug into the shockwave just fine. Can anyone confirm that the 8 cell charger will work ok with the 10 cell shockwave? I bought 10 new NiMh batteries and I'd rather not spend another $50 to replace the charger.
Thanks!

Originally Posted By: GreyhunterI recently upgraded my Fury to a Shockwave. I have the Foxpro charger that plugged into the front of my Fury and it seems to plug into the shockwave just fine. Can anyone confirm that the 8 cell charger will work ok with the 10 cell shockwave? I bought 10 new NiMh batteries and I'd rather not spend another $50 to replace the charger.
Thanks!

the fury uses 8 batteries and the shockwave uses 10. seems to me a charger made to charge 8 batteries would not have the required output to charge 10 batteries.

a call to FoxPro would be best.

I'm not an electrical guy at all. Wouldn't it just take longer with the 8 cell charger?
Edit: I could call foxpro of course, but I assumed that whoever answered the phone would give the stock answer of buy a new charger when that may not actually be needed. There are some knowledgeable folks here, so that's why I asked.

Last edited:
I have not been out hunting for the last 5 yrs now, heart problems have force me to slow down.

But thought I would just post a comment about some of the batteries that I have been using in my L.E.D. flashlights.

I have 2 lights that take 4 AA batteries, output for one is 1800 lumens and one is 1030 lumens. I have now moved to using the Panasonic Pro battery, they are the "black" ones and 2400mAh and called "LSD"
meaning "low self discharge".

I was looking through them a few days ago and I see that several are at the 7 year mark now. Which I think that is great, for the standard rechargeables that I was using, were dying at the 7 year mark.

But, I am also using the Maha 9000 charger, which I believe has really helped in the longevity of the batteries.

Just a few wandering thoughts.....

Back