20-250 load data w/55's

B23

I've read a good amount of 20-250 shooters who are using the Berger 55's are loading them with H4350 and H414 seemed to be another popular choice.

Curious what you all are using in your 20-250's with the 55's and even more curious if anyone has tried or is using RL16 which seems like it should be a good choice as well and maybe even give a little boost in velocity.

Per my gunsmith, I'm still a couple months away from having anything completed but I'd like to start compiling a little information on what's been working for those of you who are shooting the 55's in your 20-250's. Thanks

I would have thought Varget would be a little to fast for using with the 55's.

How much of it are you using behind the 55's and what kind of velocity are you getting??

Varget for me. Consult your local reloading manual but I use 35.5 under a 55grn Vmax, this is not the hottest load but it will do under a half inch in my Stevens 200. I also load Varget in my hunting load with a 50grn Vmax.

Originally Posted By: bmooreVarget for me. Consult your local reloading manual but I use 35.5 under a 55grn Vmax, this is not the hottest load but it will do under a half inch in my Stevens 200. I also load Varget in my hunting load with a 50grn Vmax.

This is for a 20-250 not 22-250.
smile.gif

RL16 is supposed to be very similar to RL17 but with more temp stability. I know RL16 hasn't been out nearly as long as RL17 but I'm hoping someone has maybe given it a try in their 20-250 with the 55's.

I thought Berger was the only outfit making 20 caliber bullets in 55 grain. Like to know where you guys are finding vmaxes or any other heavy 20 caliber bullets. Really any over 40 grain would be helpful.

Originally Posted By: Willy BrotzI thought Berger was the only outfit making 20 caliber bullets in 55 grain. Like to know where you guys are finding vmaxes or any other heavy 20 caliber bullets. Really any over 40 grain would be helpful.

I think they were referring to 22-250's not 20-250 when they referenced 55gr Vmax.

Don Unmussig Bullets is making .20 caliber match grade bullets. Last I knew, he had a 55 grain bullet and a 57 grain bullet. His phone is (804) 320-1165.

Back