ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERI don't think I would get to worried yet. They had a 2 week holiday around the 4th. Give it a little more time. I have seen dealers say they don't have them yet just because they think they don't have time for you right now. It happens.

This is one of the really sucky parts about getting suppressors, everyone gets their money up front while you're left with nothing for the next 9 months to a year or sometimes more.

I agree, it is total BS... I have one that is at 11 months now. The very first one i got was only a 93 day wait, the second was only 114 days! and that was from day of purchase to having stamp in my hand. I want to get one more but i ain't buying chit until things change and if it don't I will not buy another.

I have been buying NFA items long enough that i have seen it sway both ways several times, Its just part of the game. The trick is to have enough stuff in the system that you are always getting something and then you don't notice the wait at all.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERI don't think I would get to worried yet. They had a 2 week holiday around the 4th. Give it a little more time. I have seen dealers say they don't have them yet just because they think they don't have time for you right now. It happens.

Luckily the dealer is a good friend that I am in his shop about 4 days a week so I don't think he would hold it and not tell me.

I got REALLY lucky. I get a call from my FFL receiver on my SS Sparrow (went pending 8/1/16) while I'm in the dentist's chair. I call him back, thinking my stamp came in. No, he's calling to ask if my email is correct, because the ATF is working on my Form 4 and the place of birth is missing from my fingerprint card (which was done by the local sheriff). He told me he forwarded the email to me. I had to copy the ATF agents email, forward the email (so they'd know what it was about), and paste in the email address.

I know a lot of guys are hard on the ATF agents, but they could have just rejected my application and made me start over. The agent also replied a told me the email had been received. With technology, I would have been wondering if it went through. They're not all bad-just sayin'.

Paperwok submitted August 1, 2016. Check cashed August 23, 2016. Today is August 8, 2017. Still waiting for the stamp to arrive at my dealer.

Paper work submitted Sept 1, I always send USPS M.O. so don't know when it was cashed but my Spectre II was approved on July 28th and I picked it up today.

Well an update my stamp was approved on 6/15/17 on 7/18/17 I filed for a certified copy to be sent to the dealer and check that they had the right address and they did so wait 3 more weeks and nothing so was told to ask for another certified copy by an ATF agent. So who now's when I will ever get this thing.

Originally Posted By: SkyPup14 months just picked up the can. That truly is pathetic.

Not what you would call "customer friendly", eh Skypup?

Sendit

Originally Posted By: sendit223Originally Posted By: SkyPup14 months just picked up the can. That truly is pathetic.

Not what you would call "customer friendly", eh Skypup?

Sendit

Worst of all possible worlds, simply aggravating.

Well at least out of this experience we will all be able to say "I was there and it was uphill both ways." I can't envision 5 years from now the waits will be the same. At least I don't want to envision that in the future.

My local suppressor guy said he's getting stamps in from November already... that's a good sign things are speeding up quite a bit

Lucky for you. Mine are from September and when I called 30 days ago they said they were still working on June. The struggle is real.

Sendit

Originally Posted By: sendit223Lucky for you. Mine are from September and when I called 30 days ago they said they were still working on June. The struggle is real.

Sendit

I'm waiting on 6... the closest are the end of December. I have a few to get me by, but yes the struggle is real lol!

Back