Ring height

NJUSA

Currently have a rem 700 sps varmint in 243win wearing a leupold mk4 6.5-20x50 in a seekins 20 moa base with seekins 30mm low rings (.82). Finally burned the barrel out and am gonna rebarrel it. I'm gonna make the switch to 308.

Here's my question, with the low rings on a 20 moa base, what contour barrel can I screw on without having to buy medium or higher rings. I'd prefer not have to buy new rings as those seekins weren't cheap. But I'd like to keep a heavier profile barrel.

Thanks in advance.

After market barrels like Krieger and Bartlein have "RV" contour barrels that match the Remington Varmint factory barrel contour.
Just make sure the shank length on the new barrel matches the old barrel so it'll fit the existing stock inlet.

Seekins are killer rings. I'd be keeping them too!
grin.gif

It's currently sitting in a free floated chassis, so shank length won't make a difference for the stock inlet.

It's difficult to get the dimensions on these barrels. I'd like to go to a m24 profile or m40, but I don't know if the low rings will keep the scope off the barrel

I run a 20 MOA rail with the Low Seekins rings with a Krieger #10 MTU with a 5" shank and a 8-32x50mm NF... there's about .075 clearance !

Back