Baloney!!

Well it looks like the 8 years of prosperity we've experienced will soon be coming to an end.
Back to baloney and Mac and cheese I guess.
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: reddog964Very interesting.... Smoked?

Yes.
Covered up with a home-made rub and smoked with apple wood for 3 hours.

That baloney looks great. I've tried it before with venison and 25% pork. I slowly baked it in a bread pan and it wasn't great, it came out much drier than yours looks and was tough for baloney.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerThat looks good. Give us the "how too".

Really easy to do Sean.
Since it's already cooked it just gets the smoke.
I did these at about 225-250 for 3 hours with apple wood smoke. I bet mesquite would be killer.
These got a rub, but I don't think it was worth the time and trouble. I did a couple a while back with smoke only and they were simple and great. I'll see if I can find a picture.

I watched a youtube video where they were making baloney with ground pork and beef. They added dried (powdered) milk and then the spices. Is that what you did?

How did you get the shape? They cooked it in a cake pan so it looked like a meatloaf instead of round.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI watched a youtube video where they were making baloney with ground pork and beef. They added dried (powdered) milk and then the spices. Is that what you did?

How did you get the shape? They cooked it in a cake pan so it looked like a meatloaf instead of round.

Hey Sean, sorry I missed this post!

These are plain old bologna in the red wrapper from the meat department.
They're a cheaper brand like "Lay's" or something like that.

Back