Yeti Firearms

Gman757

I purchased a Surefire SocomM300-SPS suppressor from Yeti Firearms back on Jan 8, 2017 and they filed my Form 3 transfer on Jan 13 (date on the form?). I am now over 3 months waiting for a Form 3 transfer to my state from this dealer.

I finally called and asked them since they can't seem to get anything through to even get the suppressor into my state to start my Federal paperwork if they could just refund my money and let me find a local dealer to purchase from.

They were very nice and told they would gladly give me a refund except for a 20% restocking fee.

Lesson learned.....no more anything from Yeti from me.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoBummer, sorry to hear that.

Live and learn as they say. Luckily I already have a suppressor to run on my hog hunting rigs but I wanted another one since all my rigs are gassed down and only run suppressed.

Originally Posted By: Gman757
I purchased a Surefire SocomM300-SPS suppressor from Yeti Firearms back on Jan 8, 2017 and they filed my Form 3 transfer on Jan 13 (date on the form?). I am now over 3 months waiting for a Form 3 transfer to my state from this dealer.

I finally called and asked them since they can't seem to get anything through to even get the suppressor into my state to start my Federal paperwork if they could just refund my money and let me find a local dealer to purchase from.

They were very nice and told they would gladly give me a refund except for a 20% restocking fee.

Lesson learned.....no more anything from Yeti from me.

Thanks for the heads up, with as much competition as there is out there in todays world, they will not last long with that type of poor customer service. There are several suppressor dealers on this site that u can trust.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: reb8600So has the form 3 been approved? If not, how is it their fault?

The Form 3 has NOT been approved and I am not sure where the fault lays. I know there is a date on the form but I don't know if it was was sent in a timely manner after being filled out on that date? I know that most dealers I have checked with said this is an excessive wait period for a Form 3 transfer.

If it's not their fault directly then there is obviously some issue with the ATF office assigned to process for Yeti. Several times I called Yeti and they told me the ATF computer system was down and they could not check on it. If that's the case then I'm advising anyone that wants to purchase a suppressor from them that their Form 3 transfer is not likely to be processed in a timely manner.

The 20% restocking fee is an insult after getting the runaround for 3 months and still counting. They should give me a full refund and take the suppressor out of their safe and put it back on the shelf without charging me $200 to do it.

Last edited:
Computer system down? I called ATF probably six or seven times to check on my form 4 and never heard that excuse. In fact, the people were always pleasant and had my info on the status of my can in less than a minute.

As a heads up I waited a little over 2 months for my form3 to get cleared by the Government. I think those waiting times are getting longer?

Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrAs a heads up I waited a little over 2 months for my form3 to get cleared by the Government. I think those waiting times are getting longer? I agree, at the time i submitted my form 4 it was an 8 month wait... i got it in appox 9.5 months. And now the wait is 10 months.

Last edited:

Originally Posted By: Catdog1Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrAs a heads up I waited a little over 2 months for my form3 to get cleared by the Government. I think those waiting times are getting longer? I agree, at the time i submitted my form 4 it was an 8 month wait... i got it in appox 9.5 months. And now the wait is 10 months.

Yes. I expected 8 to 10 months for the Form 4...... NOT the Form 3 dealer transfer. 109 days and still counting..........

Last edited:

UPDATE :

Just a little update on my rant........

I finally called ATF this morning and was informed that my FORM 3 was received on March 02 and Yeti claims they sent it in on Jan 13.
mad.gif

Last edited:

This issue has now been resolved to my satisfaction. At day 110 I finally came unglued on the guys at Yeti and ended up getting a call back from the manager the next day.

He informed me that he had FINALLY called ATF and resolved the issue with the Form 3 and that the paperwork would now be expedited. At the same time he also informed me that they would issue me a full refund.

H*ll of a way to run a business is about all I can say.........

Back