Bobcat Habitat in the Northwest

Out here it seems to me bobcats love being around rocky cliffs, at least out in the sage brush areas and in the scrub step areas. What do they eat that lives in the rocks or is it just a safe place to den, do they den? Is it a good place for them to have a look out? I have a spot I go to where every year I see bobcats, I guessing they don't travel very far, if the food there.

I'm not qualified to comment on your thread as I have only seen two bobs my entire life and don't actively hunt them.

From what I have read, they prefer that type of habitat regardless of what part of the country they are found.

Why. I would think it would be the same as other animals. Either security, food, or mating. My personal opinion is cover for stalking as they are ambush predators. I told you I wasn't qualified to answer. Anyway, I'm envious that you have found a place you can see them with such frequency!

The buyer i sell my cats to is from Oregon, and he gladly buys coyotes, but really is interested in the cats.

I told him that i am happy to help him, but could use any info he had.

His advice from running long line trapping said that if you want to find cats find rocks. Rocks breed cats, is what he said over and over. Its mostly true. I have found that if i get a cat that i can stand there and look around and find rock outcroppings within a half mile.

I find that they are between the rocks, water, and where you would go to find bunnies.

Back