squirrel artillery

They are easy to make and have been the best carrying system I have ever used. They will carry about five good size red squirrels before the weight makes the clip come open. I take two or three with me.

I'm new to the forum and have been admiring the small game shooting irons pictured throughout the thread. I've hunted with a Browning BL-22 with a 4X Bushnell scope for about 30 years with great success, but just recently switched to a new Ruger 10-22 Takedown LITE with a HTA suppressor and Barska 3x9 IR reticle scope. Hunting with a suppressed rifle seems quite different than hunting without and I like it.

[img:left]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/...amp;oe=58E5F030[/img]

I had a Crossman 10 pump when I was a kid that had a rifled barrel and I killed a truck load of squirrels with that thing! Loved it so much but I wore it out and 10-15 years later when I bought the second, they no longer had rifled barrels. I wish I had bought a second on the old quality pieces. BB guns just keep getting more expensive and more cheaply made at the same time... No I use a Savage 93Fv 17 HMR accutrigger (I worked over), Marlin (900 series?) 22 Mag with a Rifle Basix trigger, and a Box stock 10-22 or Savage MKIIfv 22lr again worked accu trigger. All have scopes and work great. But Man I wish I still had an old 10 pump as accurate as the one I did when I was 10...

Beautiful Cooper Harmon. Any photo's of the 22 yet?

Charlie, that Marlin 39 couldn't be your youth rifle, its to new.
whistle.gif

grin.gif

Squirrel hunting was second favorite in my hunting line up. Fox being first. My favorite Squirrel rifles are first and foremost a KDF K22, a Sako Quad, and a custom 581/541. A Burris 6X AO Mini Compact scope was and still is my first choice. RWS Subsonic ammo is about all I use. Only head shots count.
smile.gif

Bowhunt, that lloks like a lot of fun. Is there a good spring type gun that you would recommend for 350 or so. I want to shoot birds a squirrels out of my fruit trees. I have a break style benjamin but the trigger sucks.

Sandy, they make triggers for air guns. Had one in my Titan. It broke like a glass rod and was light. They are only about 30 bucks IIRC?

Check out charliedatuna triggers.

Last edited:
Getfoxy, what brand of bipod is that? I'm not too familiar with
any of them, but finding a good set could come in handy for me.

Back