CCI Ammo Energy chart. A Comparison.

Kiiyote30

Well after scratching my head if the $14 for 50 CCI Stingers would have any real advantage with the lighter bullet and fast FPS, where as the cheaper ones (12 Canadian paso's for 100) like the Round Nose and HP have lower velocity and more bullet weight.

I decided to plug in the ballistic calculator on the Hornady website and found the BC's for the bullets off the interwebs.

After plugging in all the numbers not once but 5 times into a graph/chart I gotter dialed in.

Figured Ide share, maybe someone might have been wondering aswell and ya know because im a nice guy.

And if your really wondering the Stingers fall under the other two in terms of speed after 125.

I used BC's of .130 for RN 40 GRAIN, .125 for HP 36 GRAIN, and .080 for STINGER 32GRAIN. Incase you were wondering about drops.

Have a good one and dont let the vultures get ya.

That is interesting. I am a big fan of the stingers. But i never use them out past 50-60 yards. And they are very destructive on small game. One of my rifles shoots them very good but the others will not. But for hunting i think that those ranges are about the max with a 22lr anyhow! Thanks for posting this.

You can still buy CCI Stinger!?! I like their 40 gr roundnose rounds. I use them in my great granddads Springfield 53-B. That thing CRUSHES 4" square targets over open sights at 80 yards to this day. However, when able, I used to buy those stingers when I was a kid and run them in a Savage MK 2 I had.

I just realized that myself, must have been a mistake. Doesn't look natural
scared.gif

Back