First Coyote using night vision scope

Niteyote1

Here's my first coyote, video from my scope. The coyote was about 250 yards out at first and then came in to 155 yards. Shot it then because I couldn't wait.
There is no sound due to a malfunction but I wasn't calling, just put out some bait and watched. I'm new to hunting coyotes but this got me hooked. Sorry for the bouncing, it was freehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-fE7MN4GEU&t=24s

Niteyote1, nice video even with a little shaking. Good to see the X-Sight in action. It seems to be working OK contrary to earlier models.

I have seriously been considering a 6.8 spc -11, and either a 1:11 or 1:1.25 twist. What kind of accuracy are you getting and what bullets are you shooting? Nice going on the coyote.

Here's another video which clearly shows that patience is good, an itchy trigger finger is not.
mad.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlNxF0XAyaU&feature=youtu.be

The coyotes near me have proven to be quite a match as calling them doesn't seem to have much effect. Simply baiting them and watching silently has been the best solution. That said, I am looking at getting decoy dogs- think that might be a better idea.

Thanks, the scope has really done well for me. It is great to have the video to see what you actually did. I reload and my "secret recipe" for this gun is a 90 gr. Sierra Varminter over 29 gr. H322- produces 1/2 " groups at one hundred yards. It is a tack driver. It is dependable to 300 yards.

Last edited:

Yep, I too have turned to baiting due to difficulty of calling coyotes these days not to mention the lessening availability of land to call.

I am interested in a 6.8 SPC 11 for hog hunting mainly. What rifle or build do you have?

I have a Bison Armory with 18" Recon Heavy Barrel, 1:11 twist, Mega Arms Lower with Magpul stock, YHM Bolt Carrier Group, compensator and a 3X9 Remington scope or an X-Sight II Night vision scope.

The barrel is made by White Oak Armament (WOA) and is incredibly accurate. My first group was 1/4 ", that said I've never duplicated it but the gun is able to outshoot me.

My most accurate round is a 90 gr. Sierra Varminter which will shoot sub-MOA all day but likes H322 near max loads. I am going to experiment with using a Barnes 95gr. TTSX and some AA2200. The 95 has a much better BC at the edge of the range and according to a couple of guides, is a mean hog round.

Last edited:
Back