Missouri Small Game Hunters

Readytohunt123

So I just found out I will be moving to the Johnson County area about the middle of August and I was wondering if there is any good squirrel or rabbit hunting in the area?

I'm an Ozarker and can't really help other than to steer you toward the MDC website that list public hunting land near you. The land atlas will tell you about game population and hunting methods allowed.

Ive been looking around on the website, just looking for some first hand knowledge now. Thank you though!
Originally Posted By: GCI'm an Ozarker and can't really help other than to steer you toward the MDC website that list public hunting land near you. The land atlas will tell you about game population and hunting methods allowed.

You bet... Don't overlook the Mark Twain National Forest and any Corp of Engineers grounds around the big lakes. Those won't be on the MDC website but there's well over 1.5 million acres available from the U.S. Forest Service alone. All told and combined I think there's about 4.7 million acres of public land opportunity in Missouri.

Settle's Ford Conservation Area has plenty of squirrels. Shot several there. Also, as GC said the public land around the lakes usually hold plenty of squirrels.

Plenty around smithville and platte city. Pm me when you get moved up here and I can get you pointed in the right direction

You got Fort Leonard Wood as well. Plenty of hunting to be had there if you have the time. I know we got plenty of small game running around in Pulaski County to keep us busy.

Good luck on your move, and welcome to the neighborhood.

Originally Posted By: firefox117You got Fort Leonard Wood as well. Plenty of hunting to be had there if you have the time. I know we got plenty of small game running around in Pulaski County to keep us busy.

Good luck on your move, and welcome to the neighborhood.
No Fort Leonard Wood for me, wrong branch
tt2.gif

Back