Custom Rifle Blueprints

Dasher:
I like your taste in guns Dasher. How does the 28 Nosler handle with the heavy wood stock and lightweight barrel?
Dave

Rem 700,trued, 24", 1-9 twist Lilja #4, 17-204, spiral fluted, and cerracoated. Timney trigger. Weinig 90% inlet finished by me. I still need to checker the stock. Shoots 30gr Nagels and Golds into small tiny groups.

2 6XC's

Bartlien #4, 1-8 twist at 22", Weinig 90% inletted stock, being finished by me. Rifle Basix trigger.

CDI barrel, 1-8 twist,Stiller action, jewel trigger, McMillan stock.

first three shots.

One of my favorites is the older CZ527, Jack Belk put a Douglas CM 1-12 6mm barrel, chambered in 6mm Cheapshot. .262" neck. It is a 6x47 chambered .085 short. Basically a 6x45. I made my first attempt at Weinig semi inletted stocks, and beginner checkering. This rifle is crazy accurite, and drops coyotes and bobcats in their tracks.

Purpose - Midweight long range Hunter
Cartridge - 6.5 Creedmoor
Action - Blueprinted Rem 700 SA
Barrel - Kreiger #5 contour 1:8 twist 24"
Stock - Manners EH2
Trigger - Timney 512 2.5#
Bottom Metal - PT&G M5 flush DBM
Optics - Leupold VX-3i 6.5-20X50 30mm w/ Talley lightweights lows
Cerakote Barrel - Tungsten with Graphite black ascents
Cerakote Stock - Coyote Tan with black and tungsten speckled

Holland .250" lug, side bolt release installed, 4 flute spiral flute barrel (Marty at Twisted Barrel), fluted bolt, pillar and glass bed.

8lb 4 oz w/ no bipod

Need to take better pics, but this is a New Ultralight Arms Model 20 Rimfire.
- Model 20 Rimfire Repeater Action
- #1 Contour Stainless Barrel
- NULA Sporter Stock
- .22 LR

She can shoot sub-1" groups at 100yds on a calm day. It's tough on squirrels.

Last edited:

This has been a long time coming but better late than never.

22x47 Lapua built by Ross Rifles, Peidmont, OK
Stainless Rem 700, SA, fully trued with pinned Holland's oversized recoil lug
Badger bolt knob install
Talley tactical, 20 MOA scope rail
Rock Creek, 7 twist, medium palma cut at 20"
Mcmillan Game Scout which in a round about way came from Buster
Surgeon DBM using AI 5rnd mags
Jewell trigger
Coyote tan cerakote on barreled action
Suppressed Armament Barricade
Steiner 3-12x56 mounted in Seekins, 6/4, 34mm, low rings
Over the summer I plan to install KMW adjustable cheek hardware into the stock and a few flush cups but other than that this combo is very well balanced.
I am working on a final load with the Berger 80.5 grain bullets and H4350 but am having good luck with the load that I've been hunting with.

I will post updates and pictures when get the chance but finished up a 6.5-06 Mauser build in December, working on a Eddystone P17, chamber into 280 Rem, and waiting on parts for my 243 Mauser Build. Once get the 243 done plan on firing up the bluing tanks and the them done up right. Once the 243 is done I have one last Mauser action to use up, and I have no clue what I will build on it.

This is a pic of my 6.5-06 Mauser. Barrel was a green mountain blank I countoured to a Palma style profile. Trigger and wing safety are Dayton Triiaster. Stock was a wood plus from Brownells that ended up having some pretty wood. Have to dig up more pictures.
received_1353609748004709_zpskhixy3jk.jpeg

This was my first ground-up build. It was done by GA Precision. I can't say enough about how great they were to do business with. It was well worth the wait!

- GA Precision Templar V2 Action
- Bartlein barrel chambered in 6.5x284, 26" Sendero contour, 1-8 twist, fluted and threaded
- HS Precision stock
- HS Precision bottom metal
- Timney Calvin Elite trigger set at 14oz
- All metal surfaces Cerakoted black
- Nightforce ATACR F1 5-25x56
- Nightforce rings and buble level

I am shooting 140gr Berger VLDs over H4831SC.

Back