Conceal carry

grinder67

I was recently told that it was illegal to carry a handgun on mississinewa reservoir (among other reservior properties)for personal protection here in Indiana. Everything I can find says that this is indeed true and I am assuming it has been for a long time. I spend a lot of time on the property usually a good ways from my truck and regularly(in the past) carry my pistol. Anyway 5 years ago or so I had been scouting for turkeys before season, was all camo'ed up had my pistol. Later in the morning(around 8) I was standing in the edge of the lake crappie fishing and was checked by a Game warden. He ask me what kind of pistol I was carrying and I of course told him, he ask if I had a carry permit,I said yes I don't even think he asked to see it, he did check my fishing license though.
My question is since I was obviously breaking the law, even if he was not going to arrest me for it (thank god),why in the world would he have not at least informed me of the law. What really bothers me is I have been carrying my pistol every since then till this spring when I found out.

Originally Posted By: vahunterIf it's corp of engineer land then it's illegal. Makes no sense to me because hunting is allowed.

Ain't it the truth. One of the places I hunt is Missouri Conservation Department ground that borders National Park Service property along a wild river system. Going from the state property to the federal ground there used to be a large sign that said "No Firearms." Yet hunting has always been allowed there on the federal property along the river. Stupid... I did notice the sign disappeared a year or so ago. Not sure if it was pulled by the NPS or some hillbilly took matters into his own hands.

It is definitely corp ground leased by the state. If you look up mississinewa reservoir it comes up as as state park witch makes it even more confusing but there is definitely no personal protection carry on the property. I just dont understand why the C.O. that checked me did not say a word about it?

What about Patoka Lake? It's a corp of engineers lake too isn't it? IN had concealed carry now. I don't think it's right for the State or the Federal Government to restrict our right to bear arms that's given to everyone in this country with the US Constitution. The anti gun people are too lazy or few to change the US Constitution to deny people the right to bear arms. So they make up unconstitutional laws IMHO to bypass the US Constitution. Even though I don't think it's right to pass these gun laws I still abide by them. I registered my guns as required and I obtained my carry permit as required by IN law and paid the fees necessary to carry a pistol on my person. Now I'm reading that on certain properties I can't carry my pistol? How is this possible?

If they want to restrict our right to bear arms then get together enough US Senators and Congressmen and enough States to change the Constitution as required by the US Constitution and stop bypassing the Constitution with these unconstitutional laws. I blame the courts for not standing up for the US Constitution. Our founding fathers didn't want the constitutional rights to be easily changed which is why they made it so hard to change the constitution.

Maybe the CO didn't believe in the stupid laws that restrict peoples Constitutional Rights. We need more guys like him if that's the case.

People who carry need to practice good stewardship so that these anti gun people don't have anything to complain about. We need to separate the crazy people from the rest of the population instead of restricting good people's right to bear arms and protect themselves from the crazies.

Back