SAS Reaper MX and Sentinel range report....

Kino M

Staff member
Did a little load work today with my custom made rifle built by SAS shooting the SAS Reaper MX. Also played with a buddies Tikka T3 lite and RRA Coyote Carbine 16" and an SAS Sentinel that he wanted me to zero for him since he's older and can't see great.

Rifle specs are:

Trued Remington 700
1/8 Krieger 22" Remington varmint contour with 5C rifling
SAS TOMB Brake
Jard trigger @ 2.5lbs
HS precision stock and bottom metal
Nightforce NXS 3x15x50mm MLR reticle
SAS Reaper MX

All powder was 8208XBR except one group with Varget. All shot at 100yards.

The Sierra 77SMK is a well proven round in my rifle and with a little tweaking the Hornady's show some promise.

Here's the factory Tikka T3. It wears a Leupold 3x9 VXR. The crosshairs are pretty thick and I got no doubt that with a different scope and hand loads it would do better. I've shot many Tikka's and they all shot well for a factory gun.

It has an SAS brake and SAS Sentinel suppressor.

I left the target at the range of the Rock River but it shot a little better than an inch with the factory Blackhill 52BTHP and the 53 Vmax.

Last edited:
I don't have any but I have a ton of new bullets coming this week so I'll be on the range a lot and will see what I can do.

Kino, what velocity are you seeing with the 23.6 of 8208 & 77 SMK's? I have some H4895 & 8208 and a box each of the 69 & 77 TMK to start playing with for a new precision AR. Hoping that I can find a solid load with the 8208, so I can just set the powder measure and throw charges.

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75Kino, what velocity are you seeing with the 23.6 of 8208 & 77 SMK's? I have some H4895 & 8208 and a box each of the 69 & 77 TMK to start playing with for a new precision AR. Hoping that I can find a solid load with the 8208, so I can just set the powder measure and throw charges.

2764 and drops subsonic about 900yards at my altitude of 550.

I really really want my rifle to shoot the 75 Amaxs and new 75 ELD-M because the BC is so high. My little hunting rifle has HS Precision bottom metal and magazines. I can't remember the longest COAL for them but I can run the Amax easily through the mags and get to the lands. I have some more loaded to try but as you can see it stacks the 77SMK.

Back