New Pulsar Helion, Trail, Core, Thermals videos & pics! NEW VIDEO 9/11!

NGI_TOM

We've never been more excited about new products. These feature packed, yet affordable PULSAR Thermals change everything!
thumbup.gif

Do we have your attention yet?! Full review coming SOON from Night Goggles Inc.

So it appears only the trail xp's have the better core making them probably pretty pricey......I am curios where the xq's compare price wise and image wise to the xd38a and the xd50a. I am gonna buy before next November but which one is the best value is gonna be the question.

Last edited:
So it appears only the trail xp's have the better core making them probably pretty pricey......I am curios where the xq's compare price wise and image wise to the xd38a and the xd50a. I am gonna buy before next November but which one is the best value is gonna be the question.
Hmmmm duplicate post and I can't delete.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: capitolAny videos of the Pulsars recording?

We will have video very soon. Just waiting on a T&E unit from Pulsar. Hopefully next week. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted By: CSM52Also any info on pulsar new NV replacing the sightmark photon

Pulsar will continue to carry several models in their Digital Night Vision lineup which includes Digisight, Digisight Ultra, Sightline, Forward (Digital Front Attachments), Vivid, Signal, and Digiforce. They also offer analog night vision called Edge and Challenger. Not to mention all the awesome Thermal line.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223So it appears only the trail xp's have the better core making them probably pretty pricey......I am curios where the xq's compare price wise and image wise to the xd38a and the xd50a. I am gonna buy before next November but which one is the best value is gonna be the question.

The Trail XQ's have a new 384x288@17 micron core that will be better quality than the Apex XD38A and XD50A. As far as pricing, the Trail XQ38 should only be $300 more than Apex XD38A. They're also offering a Trail XQ30 for $200 cheaper than the current Apex XD38A. Should start shipping May 2017...

Originally Posted By: whitetail436any word on pricing and availability?

I have a price sheet in hand and the new units should start shipping May 2017 but stock will be very limited for a while. Night Goggles Inc. will be taking pre-orders. If you want to get one sooner than later, get one on order soon. If you have specific pricing questions, please PM me or email me at tom@nightgoggles.com. Thanks!

The 12 micron BAE cores found In the Trijicon EO (former IR Defense) thermals are the best in the civilian market in my opinion. Expect to pay more for one of those units though. Worth the money if you can budget for it. The 17 micron cores in the new Pulsar units are very impressive however. Especially for the price point of these units.

Example;
The Trijicon EO Hunter MKIII 60mm 640x480@12 is $8995.00 at TNVC.
The Pulsar Trail XP50 50mm 640x480@17 is $4999.97 at Night Goggles.

Both are top-of-the-line scopes from two different companies. I have the Hunter MKIII already. I will also have a Trail XP50!
thumbup1.gif

Maybe this helps to explain why we're SO excited...

Will the xd38a and 50 be discontinued? If I buy an xd38a now Im afraid it will be worth very little as soon as the Trail is released, especially if the new 30's are better and given the warranty isn't transferable. I have about 6 weeks left to hunt nights. This makes for a tough call. I don't mind spending the coin but the depreciation part is unsettling.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Will the xd38a and 50 be discontinued? If I buy an xd38a now Im afraid it will be worth very little as soon as the Trail is released, especially if the new 30's are better and given the warranty isn't transferable. I have about 6 weeks left to hunt nights. This makes for a tough call. I don't mind spending the coin but the depreciation part is unsettling.

Great question varminter .223! I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future but I can give you my honest, professional opinion. I believe the Apex XD38A and XD50A will be phased out over the next year. I can tell you that the new Apex XQ38 will be $500 cheaper than the current XD38A and the LRF XQ38 (laser rangefinder) will be the same price as the current XD38A which is $2999.97. If I were to guess, a slightly used Apex XD38A will sell for about $2000-2300 once the new models flood the market. Again, just my honest, professional opinion. We'd love to help you any way we can and we want you to be informed and pleased about your purchase.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Will the xd38a and 50 be discontinued? If I buy an xd38a now Im afraid it will be worth very little as soon as the Trail is released, especially if the new 30's are better and given the warranty isn't transferable. I have about 6 weeks left to hunt nights. This makes for a tough call. I don't mind spending the coin but the depreciation part is unsettling.

Great question varminter .223! I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future but I can give you my honest, professional opinion. I believe the Apex XD38A and XD50A will be phased out over the next year. I can tell you that the new Apex XQ38 will be $500 cheaper than the current XD38A and the LRF XQ38 (laser rangefinder) will be the same price as the current XD38A which is $2999.97. If I were to guess, a slightly used Apex XD38A will sell for about $2000-2300 once the new models flood the market. Again, just my honest, professional opinion. We'd love to help you any way we can and we want you to be informed and pleased about your purchase.
So you are saying that the new xq38 will not only have a better core making it a clearer unit with more options and the handy dandy new clip style battery and it will be 500 bucks cheaper than its predecessor the xd38a.....WOW! I like that....the rangefinder unit sounds cool too.
Thanks for the info! I'm gonna try the photon tonight for the first time tonight. I have been letting my 2 younger buddies draw all the blood since we got in this game 2 weeks ago. I'm just in awe scanning with my xd19a watching coyoted actually come in lol!!

Man I hope!...but looking at pulsars website it doesn't look like it. Maybe next year? I'm going to be torn between the trail or the apex with laser rangefinder...

I saw on another site where they mentioned a puksar core rx q thermal scope which will be comparable to the xd38a and sell for $1899. Any info on that?

Nevermind, I think you addressed it earlier.
It looks like it just doesn't record or have the new battery pack and with a slightly smaller lense that the 38.

Last edited:
Back