CCI primers have a special place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014

I told him seat them again cause I had the same issue he did and when you asked where I seen what I said about compressing the primer I posted the link where I seen it. I just didn't word it the same way. Instead of you and the others always having to argue with someone because you think you know everything and because some worded something differently why don't you take a breath. You have no clue how much reloading knowledge I've got so you have no room to comment. God forbid someone else shares their experience with that primer and offers help. Maybe you guys should try not being a prick and I wouldn't have to tell you off. I said the anvil compresses you said it's seated it's the same thing just different words.i gave him advice that I have read on other forums that was given to me. just because someone on here didn't say it doesn't mean its not true. you also said the same [beeep] thing I did on page 3. if the anvil isn't driven into the priming compound it wont fire. I said it needs to be compressed into the anvil. it means the same thing but nice try. just like you argued about the savage thing and how we could shoot for slips or some b.s. never seen you post any kills or targets. seems fishy. some people are experts behind the keyboard. I was just telling the OP the same thing your expert self did I said compressed instead of seated.

post #5 When seating a primer we actually move the cup down over the protruding anvil and put it in contact with the cup, this is part of the feel.
http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/2891-Failure-To-Ignite-Problem-with-CCI-Primers

Nice edit of the original post. Another google shooter with little practical experience.

Shooting for pink slips means we go shot for shot and who ever wins keeps the rifle. Same as racing for pinks...?

Here is a small sampling for you...

35 yard group.

10 shots at 100

You are still inaccurate, but continue as you will. You seems to take everything with great emotion and see others as being a "prick" or other name. I am clearing up information that was incorrect. The .002" seating depth that seats the anvil to the compound is not the issue. If head space is set correctly, the primer will still ignite with a firing pin strike.

You like to discredit the guys in this thread and their reloading prowess...that is laughable considering some of these guys have been reloading longer than I have been alive. I have only been at it for a decade, so I still could learn a good bit.

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014The priming compound needs to be compressed or touching the anvil when it's seated or won't go off hence why if it's not seated all the way it won't fire.

Yes, the primer will ignite with proper head spacing.

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014 I said the anvil compresses you said it's seated it's the same thing just different words.

The anvil does not compress at all. It is the most fixed component of the whole operation. Once seated, everything goes into it, hence the term Anvil...just like a blacksmith would.

ETA: This is from your original post that was edited out after more of your google research.

Last edited:
Still scratchin' my head over what the problem could be. I've been
reloading since around '66 and never had this happen. Since the
mid-'70's, all of my cases are just neck sized until they have to
have the shoulder bumped back, and can actually do that with the
Forster neck sizing dies, so some cases never get full length sized.
Because of this, there is never a head space problem. Could that be
a reason for never having a primer problem?

For years, I've used the Lee priming tool and can feel when there is
a dead stop of the primer. Never attempted to "crush" the anvil
further up into the cup, even when priming with a press.

I've always used Remington and CCI primers of most types, including
the thicker walled magnum primers. Wish I could watch the op's
reloading routine....thinking that is the only way to come to an
educated conclusion.

A while back, I bought a rifle and it came with almost 800 rounds of loaded ammo. All was loaded with CCI primers. I shot probably 300 of the loaded rounds through the rifle and did have a couple of mis-fires or fail to fires. When I got home, I pulled the bullets and immediately found the problem..........no powder!! LOL that could do it!! Been using CCI primers a long time and not had any problems at all. But I'm just a dumb Okie, what do I know??

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014

I told him seat them again cause I had the same issue he did and when you asked where I seen what I said about compressing the primer I posted the link where I seen it. I just didn't word it the same way. Instead of you and the others always having to argue with someone because you think you know everything and because some worded something differently why don't you take a breath. You have no clue how much reloading knowledge I've got so you have no room to comment. God forbid someone else shares their experience with that primer and offers help. Maybe you guys should try not being a prick and I wouldn't have to tell you off. I said the anvil compresses you said it's seated it's the same thing just different words.i gave him advice that I have read on other forums that was given to me. just because someone on here didn't say it doesn't mean its not true. you also said the same [beeep] thing I did on page 3. if the anvil isn't driven into the priming compound it wont fire. I said it needs to be compressed into the anvil. it means the same thing but nice try. just like you argued about the savage thing and how we could shoot for slips or some b.s. never seen you post any kills or targets. seems fishy. some people are experts behind the keyboard. I was just telling the OP the same thing your expert self did I said compressed instead of seated.

post #5 When seating a primer we actually move the cup down over the protruding anvil and put it in contact with the cup, this is part of the feel.
http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/2891-Failure-To-Ignite-Problem-with-CCI-Primers

Nice edit of the original post. Another google shooter with little practical experience.

Shooting for pink slips means we go shot for shot and who ever wins keeps the rifle. Same as racing for pinks...?

Here is a small sampling for you...

35 yard group.

10 shots at 100

Now that's some funny chit right there. i can shoot that same arrow group at 40yards if not tighter. and that's a pretty nice 3 shot group (not a 10 shot) at 100yards. first rifle target looks like 5 shots, 2nd target is clearly 3 shots and the 3rd is maybe 5 shots. those holes aren't large enough to be 10 shots. trust me i have watched guys who shoot long range rifle matches with $2k rifles shoot 10 shot groups and you can tell more than 5 holes in the paper.
I sure hope you didn't spend a lot of money on that rifle because my savage axis HB 223 can do the same thing and that's with cheap varmint ammo and FMJ. bwhahahaha.

SAVAGE AXIS 223REM WITH 55GR HORNADY V MAX RELOADS. SAND BAG ON FRONT 100YARDS. LOWER TARGETS ARE 55GR fmj-bt reloads of front sand bag. the larger 5 shot group was shot off a $30 bipod at 100yards. i think i did that one prone too i cant remember. bwahahahahaha. 10 shot group! bwahahahaha.

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_0623_zps2dxq5ys9.jpg.html?sort=2&o=3

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_0953_zpstiselukk.jpg.html?sort=2&o=19

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_0955_zps0uvklfcn.jpg.html?sort=2&o=20

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_06121_zpsnknypbh6.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_06631_zpsuxfvgdsj.jpg.html?sort=2&o=6
44MAG HANDI RIFLE 100YARDS OFF FRONT SAND BAG 3 SHOTS-THAT RED BULL IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A HALF DOLLAR.

30yards with a 2003 bear compound, whisker biscuit, deer target.

40/45yards with the bag target with some cheap Wal-Mart arrows.

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpj...yg.jpg.html?o=0

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpj...4v.jpg.html?o=1

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpj...fm.jpg.html?o=2

Last edited:
I've seen smaller ten shot groups. Very very possible there are ten in there. pahntr760 has nothing to gain by not being truthful.

What's that they say ? "Give a man/boy enough rope he'll....."

It will happen.
Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014 trust me

PS. You have been told and asked to watch your langauge, but yet you keep on..

thumbdown.gif

- I too have reloaded thousands of rounds with CCI primers without any issues.

- If I had 50% failure rate on any product I'd be taking it up with the company before badmouthing their product.

- If I had 50% failure rate on any product I certainly wouldn't offer to sell or even give them to someone else, especially a live reloading component.

- Good luck - we hope you figure it out.

Ohio, just chill out. But if you want to suggest others go to forum and read up about reloading, then you can go ahead and leave this site. We have years of experience on this site and you want to wear your feelings on your sleeve, get out we don't want or need you.

It's your gun, or you or a tool you are using, or the way you are using it, and that all there is too it , get over it and find out what you are doing wrong and correct the problem, which is something you are over looking and have no idea of what it is PERIOD. I don't care if other primers are working and I don't care if the cci primers are misfiring in other guns, seat em right, in a correct sized primer hole. don't seat them out and don't seat them in to far, and don't knock your shoulders back, check that your firing pin is in spec out from the bolt face, make sure you have all the junk cleaned out from the lugs and the chamber from shooting steel, do these things and go shoot.

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17Ohio, just chill out. But if you want to suggest others go to forum and read up about reloading, then you can go ahead and leave this site. We have years of experience on this site and you want to wear your feelings on your sleeve, get out we don't want or need you.

Now that's funny. You just proved my point why this site sucks. You got a mod taking pot shots, slicker and panther aand sometimes psycho always has something smart to say to members on here. I tried helping the guy with what I read and what I was told by experienced reloaders and instead of someone saying hey ohi that's wrong they wanted to be aholes about it. Just like the guy below freaking out on the guy. "I don't care what you say, I don't care if it's the primers, bla bla bla"
I'm just tired of that fool and his smart mouth cause he's on the internet and I'll give it right back to him. He thinks he's gods gift of knowledge and likes to stir the pot. If you don't like my responses than why don't you go somewhere.

To the OP Smackem223,

I hope you get your issue figured out. I'm sorry the thread got filled with nonsense.

Please let us know if and when you find out something.

Thanks

If it sucks leave, but quite arguing with people. You are offering second hand informotion and unless you've got black and white keep quiet. My question is to you is common sense, with pressure you are talking to crush the anvil, could you not detonate the primer? I'm just saying. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17If it sucks leave, but quite arguing with people. You are offering second hand informotion and unless you've got black and white keep quiet. My question is to you is common sense, with pressure you are talking to crush the anvil, could you not detonate the primer? I'm just saying. If I'm wrong I apologize.

never said it needed to be smashed so hard to detonate it i said what i posted in the links and what 65yo-30yo reloaders told me to my face when i couldn't get them to go off was the primer needed to be seated hard or deep enough to where it bottoms out and pressed the compound together or it will not fire. i just worded it wrong and as usual pantera got all hot and bothered instead of someone trying to correct it in the proper way people have to be dicks about it and its pretty messed up. i also posted a link that said the same thing i did which was it must be seated to seat the anvil with the compound and if seated too hard the priming compound will squeeze out or smoosh. i don't care for this site that much because if someone says something that might be incorrect or worded wrong certain people have to start degrading people or freak out or just contribute to making snide comments just cause they think they are funny (psych dog) i didn't begin to argue until he began to degrade and argue and beat his chest how he's always right which he does quite a bit of how he shoots 800yards and lets shoot for slips. bla bla bla. someone asked where i got the info from and i posted 2 links i just worded my original one differently or used the wrong nomenclature. i get fired up cause these 2 always do this crap. funny how i got 3 PM from 3 different members awhile back saying him and the others are "trouble makers, aholes, know it alls and to ignore them". i think that was the whole savage rifle thread.

show me where its black and white what the others have said? show me what you have contributed to this thread other than to run your mouth. if you don't like it than you keep quiet!!! i attempted to help the guy and people wanted to start crap, if they don't like it don't read it or say hey that's wrong not aahahahahah your an idiot, you don't know anything, bla bla bla.

This thread has run its course, there's nothing more to gained from this back and forth. This isn't kindergarten. Enough nonsense and name-calling. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back