Boots fall apart?

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrI have not figured out a way to clamp the sole to get good adhesion. The way they are form fitted does not allow me to re-glue the sole.

I've had to re-glue soles on Cabela's snake boots a couple of times. Had pretty good luck using Gorilla glue by stuffing boot full of newspaper and using duct tape to "clamp" sole to the boot.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: dan brothersLL Bean has LIFETIME WARRANTY on all their boots

That's good to know, Dan, especially for you younger guys. At my age I don't even buy green bananas.
wink.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Danner, Keen, and Rocky have been good to me over the years, both on the street, and in the woods. I dont see a need to venture much outside of that.

Lacrosse Burly rubber boots are terrible but fit me well. I only get one year from them before the sole separates from the upper.

I have been very pleased with my Lowa Tibet. I wear them almost every day for the last 3 years and they have plenty more years of life in them. Probably the most comfortable boots I have worn . To bad they don't make steel toe boots for work.

Originally Posted By: weekenderLacrosse Burly rubber boots are terrible but fit me well. I only get one year from them before the sole separates from the upper.

Really? I wear lacrosse Burley's to work atleast 4 days a week every week of the year. I build bridges and am not easy on boots, we are going up or down 1 to 1 slopes all-day everyday in sand, rubble, mud, rebar, broken concrete pieces. I just put a patch on the ankle of my first pair of Burley's I bought 2 years ago(as to be expected). Other than the leak in the ankle were the boot separated from working on the slopes they are still in great shape.

Back